It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

marcy27 HB User
help reading test results!!!

Hi everyone. I am needing help reading test results. Dr. said everything was inthe normal range but I wanted all of your wonderful options to chime in as well. Here is everything below.

Thyroglobulin - 6.3 (0.5-55.0)
Thyrotropin Receptor Ab, Serum - <0.3 (0.0-1.0)
Thyroxine (T4) free, direct, s - 1.22 (0.61-1.76)
TSH - 1.431 (0.350-5.500)
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab - <10 (0-34)
Thyroidothronine, Free, Serum - 3.2 (2.3-4.2)

These were the results anything make sense? Thanks for the help!

Old 04-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mauz HB Usermauz HB Usermauz HB User
Re: help reading test results!!!

your numbers look good you are in the middle of the range with your FT3 and FT4
How do you feel ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Why did he test TRAb versus TGAb? TRAb is an indicator of Graves.. the most inaccurate test for it. TSI is more reliable and TGAb is the Hashimoto's equivalent to the TRAb.

Thyroxine (T4) free, direct, s - 1.22 (0.61-1.76) = 53&#37; This is just inside the 50-80% optimal window so if you are still hypoT feeling you could tolerate a slight nudge in dosage.

TSH - 1.431 (0.350-5.500) = optimal is between 0.89 - 1.1.. by this I think the TSH is telling you your optimal is a bit higher in the range.. but you are getting close.

Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab - <10 (0-34) = congratulations you do not have Hashimoto's TPOAb antibodies of significant concentrations to screw with you! You need the TGAb to completely rule it out though.

Thyroidothronine, Free, Serum - 3.2 (2.3-4.2) = 47.3% This is with in 5 % of your T4 levels which indicates you are balanced.. however it is a smidge below optimal and IMO if you still feel a tad hypoT you should ask for a trial boost. My family feels best in the 65-75 % of normal range. You are just at the bottom of the optimal window.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:31 AM   #4
(female)

marcy27 HB User

Thanks for the feedback with my results. It has been a rollercoaster the past several months. I am still loosinf weight and still have anxiety issues. My Dr. has recently put me on an antidepressant which has helped but the anxiety is not completely gone. I am just so tense all of th time. I never know from one day to the next how I am going to feel. At least these results rule out thyroid condition. We started there first because of my family history with hypo and graves. I am having my estrogen and progestren levels checked next. I am just not completely convinced that this is all caused from anxiety alone. I have never had a problem with it in the past, no family history of any problems. Not sure what is going on but am looking for anwsers. Thanks for all of your help. Any advise on where to go from here?

Closed Thread