It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #1
(female)

mattie75 HB User
Scared!!

What are hypoechoic nodules? Areas are larger in just 6 months.
Mattie

Old 04-30-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
(female)

Curious2013 HB User
Re: Scared!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie75 View Post
What are hypoechoic nodules? Areas are larger in just 6 months.
Mattie
They are nodules that are harder for the ultrasound waves to pass though. I have several of them. How much bigger are they in 6 months? A little? a lot? They do need to be watched.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
(female)

mattie75 HB User

A little, I have 3. One is 5 X 6 mm , 2.6 X 4.4 mm, and 5 X 2 mm. I have rough year with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I am just afraid it could be cancer.
Mattie

Old 04-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Technically my ENT says that until the nodule hits the magic 1 cm dimension mark it is too small for it to do appreciable harm to you even if it is cancerous. I have 1 hypoechoic nodule.. or I had one that was 9x9x9 mm He didn't FNA me.. I was certain he would.. Well things have continued to grow since January and my ENT wanted it to make 1 cm ^3 so that he could biopsy it easily. Well since I am having more breathing and swallowing issues.. he is going to get his wish. I may not have to wait until the end of JUNE for my FNA.

No worries girl, thyroid cancer tends to stay isolated. Wait the 6 month period OR call up and push things up if you detect swallowing difficulties or a rapid growth development. My hubby has started saying.. You know I can see your thyroid now.. NOW I have to determine why my son is exhibiting maniacal laughter in the potty and working on his 4th flush.*shiver*

MG

Old 04-30-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
(female)

mattie75 HB User

Ultrasound in April 2007 called these areas cysts. Were very small then. Like .3 mm. They have grown and that scares me.
This ultrasound was back in November, and they were hypoechoic with one ill defined. My doctor did not tell me this. I got copy in sending report to ENT. In November I was having a severe thyroiditis attack with very high antibodies. I am scheduled for another ultrasound on Monday. I have appointment with ENT surgeon on Wednesday. Left lobe of thyroid has also (shrank/shrunk) don't know correct form to use here from 4.1 cm to 3.2 cm.
Maybe it is drying up.
Nodules described as 5 x 2mm hypoechoic nodule and 5 x 6 mm hypoechoic ill defined nodule on right lobe. On left lobe 2.6 x 4.4 mm hypoechoic nodule. These are the same nodule/cyst areas from the April scan just larger.
Thanks for the replys. Maybe I can stay sane til Wednesday when I see the doctor.
Mattie

Old 04-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #6
(female)

Curious2013 HB User

These are still quite small. Not all nodules need to be FNAed. I have six that are over 1 cm. and they chose to just FNA the next to largest one because of its vascularity. I went to one of the finest cancer hospitals in the country. Because the FNA came back benign, I have been told I do not need to come back for a year. That does NOT mean it is impossible for there to be cancer cells lurking in my thyroid somewhere. That just means that there isn't anything worth worrying about that requires immediate attention.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

osteoblast HB User

Mattie-It sounds like our situations are similar-though I have more nodules. But my antibodies are very high. You said you had a bad time of it with very high antibodies and a "severe thyroiditis" attack. What do you mean by thryoiditis attack? What happened?
I hope your ent appt. went well today.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:05 PM   #8
(female)

mattie75 HB User

ENT appointment next Wednesday, May 7.
By thyroiditis attack I mean, weight loss, high blood pressure, sweating, elevated pulse rate, nervousness, major hair loss, muscle joint pain, all the symptoms of thyroiditis. Has lasted for a while although I am better now that I was back in October/ November. High tpo's and antithyroglobulin antibodies. Just felt rotten, and still have my bad days.
I am calming a bit as I find I am more likely not to have cancer than I am to have it. But the "C" word does put fear in our hearts.
I just feel as though they will just remove the whole blasted thing. Can't get my levels to settle and now I have just recently found out I also have Grave's antibodies.
Thanks girls, I hope I can stay sane through this until appointment next week. You know this thyroid mess makes us a little anxious anyway.
Mattie

Closed Thread