It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User
tgAB and tpoAB results

hi ladies, i decided to take ur advice mg and make a new thread. so i did stop by the clinic to pick up some results. still out of range but looks like the numbers are improving. here they are:

tgAB 393 range: 0-100
tpoAB 48 range: 0-10

i was kinda shocked to see that the numbers are looking better. i haven't really been following the tpoAB but i know that the tgAB was around 700+ in November and now its about halfed. i'm feeling good. tho the stress i am feeling right now doesn't help with the shortness of breath and sleepless nites.

so can u enlighten me ladies on this whole tgAB and tpoAB in "idiot" terms? heheheh. ur not the idiot, i am. hehehehe. yup, hashi's 101 course here. hehehehe. so does hashi's ever get cured? or will i always have this for the rest of my life?

Old 04-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: tgAB and tpoAB results

Well if your last numbers were before treatment and using selenium supplemented vitamins.. then of course it dropped.

Your Hashimoto's is still active. You had a TGAB of 700! WOW! Well what your antibodies are telling you is that there is less attack on your thyroglobulin transport.. most likely because there is less call for you to transport Tg and make your own T4. However your TPO destruction is still going on at a good clip and the thyroid is still getting hammered. A good thing is that you are not over 1000 in the TPOAb. This seems to be the point at which people develop a lot of horrid Hashimoto's quirks.

The shortness of breathe and insomnia may be sleep apnea or goiter induced constriction and hypopnea inspired. Have you ever looked into the signs of sleep apnea. I know you are a bit suboptimal in your levels.. so there is also the fact that it could be due to undertreated thyroid as well.

Overall antibodies going down are a good thing. I am glad that you had the test run.

MG

Last edited by mkgbrook; 05-01-2008 at 06:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User

thanks for that advice mg. it was 700 in november 2007and like 1000+ in july 2007. and i was on synthroid for 6 months then, feeling real good and then the doctors came back and told me that my antibodies raised. then i checked again in november and it was like 756 and rechecked it in like april and see that my levels are down to like 393. i'm happy! i don't feel my greatest and of course these levels don't tell anything, because overall i still do hashi's. but seeing the numbers go down makes me feel alot better than it getting higher. meaning slower attack on thyroid, i'll take that. buys me more time in being a total basketcase. lol. i don't ever want to feel like i did a year ago. and now i have a friend experiencing the same exact things i felt but that she doesn't have hashi's. her tsh is at like 3.57 but doctors aren't wanting to change her synthroid. she's on .75mcg. they are telling her that her range is normal. but she doesn't feel normal. it's really stressful cuz there's really not much i can do. is there any advice i can give her? maybe taking additional supplements? she said she's always dizzy and nauseated, has gained like 20 lbs in a year w/o changing up anything, hair loss, the usual symptoms. any advice would be appreciated.

thanks mg for your support. you and helen have been great support through all my ordeals. thanks thanks thanks. my hubby comes home today!!! i can't wait! tho 10 weeks did pass by pretty quick. have a great thursday.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

No problem. It helps me to help. Yes you have less destruction going on.. whether it be not as much thyroid to destroy or the AI is being slowed down because the thyroid production need is surppressed by supplementation... The buggers are less active.

As to your friend, can you get her on board with us? It would be a bit easier to get information straight from the horses mouth.
"I have a friend experiencing the same exact things i felt but that she doesn't have hashi's. her tsh is at like 3.57 but doctors aren't wanting to change her synthroid. She's on .75mcg. They are telling her that her range is normal. She doesn't feel normal."

Is she seeing the same MD as you? Is she local to German or another american serving overseas subject to military MDs?
Print out my week 2 care and concerns post.. I will insert the url in here after I post this.
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=597479[/url]

It has the TSH facts supporting articles and all valid information to use in order to try and force the an American MD to treat her. Are they testing her Ft3 and Ft4? What are her levels and ranges? Every sufferer knows NORMAL does not mean normal or even optimal for YOU. *snort, mentally stomps about in a circle*

It's really stressful cuz there's really not much I can do. Is there any advice i can give her?
Maybe taking additional supplements?

Well if hypoT is caused by iodine deficiency and multivitamin with iodine might help. The other thing she can do if it is Hashimoto's is make sure her multivitamin has the full dose of selenium in it. Look at her lunulas.. the white half moons at the base of your finger nails. If she only has the thumb.. or thumb and index finger.. there may be a nutritional deficiency such as low vit D, or B12. Hair loss can be due to low ferritin as weill.

So first off she needs to fight for FT3 adn Ft4 testing if they haven't done it. Ferritin, B12, and viT D if they haven't done it. If you can get TT3/4 or Fts with ranges out of her. Post them and we shall see what level she is at and how far from optimal she is.

She said she's always dizzy and nauseated, has gained like 20 lbs in a year w/o changing up anything, hair loss, the usual symptoms.
Hashimoto's when antibodies are high or adrenals are off can make you feel like you are suffering from chronic morning sickness. The weight gain is an indicator that her actual T3 and T4 levels are in the toilet for her. Hair loss may be a mineral deficiency it could be low thyroid hormone. Only way to tell is do the tests.

I wish I could help more.
MG

Last edited by mkgbrook; 05-01-2008 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Added url

Old 05-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User

thanks for the advice mg. i did tell her to join us on here. but she's soo lost that it's hard to even catch her online. her son was recently diagnosed with adhd, so she's been reading up and joining posts on that. she's just going thru so much right now, it's not even funny. she did say she went to the endo today and told them about her symptoms and he said that he'll see what her results are and will hopefully increase her meds.

as for me, im feeling real sick. as if ovulation time is right around the corner. i am feeling those "extra" heart beats again and it's making me mad. i also feel super nauseated and i have a headache. not to mention how cold i am. i did get caught in the rain this morning before we headed out to sign for our new house. that could be it right? how many days in advance does a woman start ovulating? is it as early as 10 days? i think that's about right, right? my daughter has the sniffles and she keeps coughing on me too. so i could have caught the bug. not fun!

hows ur friday coming along?

Closed Thread