It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User
Has Anyone Suffered From This????

I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck on the sides and in the back of my neck right under the base of my skull. My question is has anyone else suffered from swollen glands or nodes while being Hypo or Hyper???

I also have been having bad headaches now for a couple of days along with all my other crazy symptoms!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
(female)

talbet0729 HB User
Re: Has Anyone Suffered From This????

When I was very hypo I had painful lymph nodes in my neck and under one of my arms. I never noticed that they were swollen, but they sure hurt. They are feeling better now that I am getting closer to being optimized.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mauz HB Usermauz HB Usermauz HB User

I also had painful nodes under my arms, I always can tell when I am hypo.
How are you feeling ? Didn't you take the Armour with the Levo.
Did you increase your Levo ? I remember you having a low FT4 and a higher FT3 .

I hope you are feeling better.

Last edited by mauz; 04-30-2008 at 12:16 PM.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Yes, I have Hashimoto's and my lymph nodes on the back of my neck and in my neck, swell periodically it seems like my body is telling me something.. I just haven't figured it out yet.

MG

Last edited by mkgbrook; 04-30-2008 at 12:15 PM.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
(female)

nicglo12 HB User

How interesting. I get swollen nodes at the base of my skull periodically, mostly on the right side. This seems to happen within the week or so before my cycle starts. I get migraines during this time, too. I had thought the nodes occur with the headaches. I notice that I have an increase in hypo symptoms during this time. Maybe my thyroid swells, causing the nodes to swell, triggering the migraines. I also have scoliosis with a left to right curve, which causes a lot of muscular strain on my neck and shoulder muscles. It could be from that, too. I will have to pay closer attention to this. Sometimes the swelling lasts for days, and boy does it hurt! It makes my neck stiff. Please keep me posted!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #6
(female)

bittygirl HB User

yes I had this too before I was diagnosed with hypo. i periodicolly get them, especially when I come down with a virus.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:11 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Mine are swell the worst during ovulation and period as well. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hormonal aggravant in the mix.

MG

Old 05-01-2008, 07:12 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

I too suffered with pain at the base of my skull off and on for about 1 year before I was diagnosed hypoT. It was one of the many symptoms I was dealing with and chalking up to old age and arthritis lol. I took Alleve and it would help it for several hours then wear off. Once I was diagnosed and put on hormone it went away and hasn't return. It was a very uncomfortable and aggrivating pain.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hormone treatment has reduced mine as well. But I am not optimal and I am still fluxing. It is known that females need more thyroid hormone in ovulation and bleed cycles. This would tend to make us more hypoT at such a time if we are just barely treated to where we need to be. Very good and interesting thread.

MG

Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #10
(female)

talbet0729 HB User

Interesting. Since being diagnosed hypo/Hashi's I've been able to tell when I'm ovulating by my hypo symptoms. They all flare up, especially the lymph nodes.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User

I was also menstruating this past week when the nodes were really swollen. They seem to be a little smaller today and I am also ending my cycle as well. So I wonder if that had something to do with it also!!!? Hummm.....

I am taking more levo now. I can't get in to see my endo until the end of May so I decided to go with the levo and armour combo and see what it does. But I still feel real hypo most of the time. I am currently on 100mcg's of the levo and 15mg of Armour. I think I may need to switch to Synthroid though and give that a try.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

mauz HB Usermauz HB Usermauz HB User

my doctor said not to keep switching unless you have a problem, every time you switch it messes thing up for a while, even changing from Generic to Synthroid.
Stay with your levo and Armour and give it more time.
You can always add a little more depending on your next labs.

good luck

Last edited by mauz; 05-01-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User

Ok will do! I will give it another month until I see my endo. He will probably have a fit because I changed from the 90mg's of Armour he put me on. But my T3 was wayyy over the top and I was feeling even worse then. So we shall see I guess.

Most of the time I just feel so lousy still. The pains even in my hands and fingers is horrid. They feel broke I hate it... My chest is killing me today also but I think it is my stomach acting up. Even with taking my stomach meds sometimes I still have a hard time.

Also does anyone know if Levo can cause itching or a burning sensation under the skin? I have had this weird burning, itching sensation in my hands and arms for a long time now.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkatdd View Post
Ok will do! I will give it another month until I see my endo. He will probably have a fit because I changed from the 90mg's of Armour he put me on. But my T3 was wayyy over the top and I was feeling even worse then. So we shall see I guess.

Most of the time I just feel so lousy still. The pains even in my hands and fingers is horrid. They feel broke I hate it... My chest is killing me today also but I think it is my stomach acting up. Even with taking my stomach meds sometimes I still have a hard time.

Also does anyone know if Levo can cause itching or a burning sensation under the skin? I have had this weird burning, itching sensation in my hands and arms for a long time now.
Hi,

Reading your post makes me feel I am not totally crazy with some of the symptoms I have and they are scary. I was switched from Armour to Synthroid mid-March. I took Armour for 40 years with no problems and started having heart palpitations from Dec-March. Then my doctor changed me to Synthroid and I have been really feeling bad since. I went from .50 mcg to 75 mcg. to .88 mcg - in that time and still can hardly move. I was reading some of your symptoms - like stomach feeling weird, burning muscles in my abdomen and stomach and legs at times. Had an itching and rash for a week after starting. When these things happen, I can't figure out what it is and then I think - I never had this before I started taking Synthroid. Or perhaps it is just that the medication is not adjusted yet. Anyway, I never feel well yet - always so tired I can hardly move. Just wanted to let you know that others have the same symptoms.

Good luck with your treatment,
Liz

Old 05-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User

I know sometimes I feel like it must just be me with some strange weird disease that is how bad I feel!! But I have had every test known to man kind and I just think my levels are still wayyy off...

Even right now I had to go cat hunting. Lol. My cat got hit by a car yesterday morning. Thankfully he was alright though. He made it out with just a scratch above his eye but I know he used up atleast a good 5-6 lives though!! HA. So, anyways he is not allowed outside anymore and he has been meowing and meowing all morning to go out. So I felt bad and thought I would put his collar back on and use our dog leash and take him out for a bit. Well he broke out of the collar and took off again across the street. GRRR.... SO any who, I had to go searching for him again and just walking across the street left me out of breath and it feels like my back will break at any moment!!!

So I know I MUST be undermedicated still to have such horrid pains in back, legs, hands, etc......

Closed Thread