It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User
Re: Changed To Synthroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauz View Post
Hi Liz,

Well I don't want to say it but I do feel a little better today I do have more energy I am cleaning my house.
I will stick with this combo for at least 6 weeks so I know for sure if it works. I don't want to keep changing meds all the time.
I hope you are feeling a little bit better , I am happy you found your pain lady again and she can help you with your awful headaches.
I just read on another board that headaches can come from thyroid problems so maybe when you find the right meds your headaches will never come back.

take care
Hi Pia,

How wonderful that you feel a little better - I would even like to say I could clean house - which I hate Yes, the fact that the lady from the pain clinic can work on me again is a God send for sure. Yes, I have had a lot more headaches since the thyroid thing got bad - used to be once a month - or less - but now I think the stress of this makes them come and stay. I used to have a lot and went to the pain clinic a whole lot - but she could get rid of them a lot faster than days and days.

I know what you mean - I have only been to the endo once and he changed me to .88 - and I absolutely feel no better AT ALL. But I guess I can tough it out two more weeks for blood work and then another week to see him - seems an eternity - you know what I mean by that!!!! But if I go to someone else and she wants to put me on something else or hormones or Armour or something - what am I going to do with the endo - and how do I know what will work. It is another frustrating issue - but something out there if he can't help me....and that is good, as you said. I still have an appointment on June 2nd with the endo that my MD recommended and that was the first one they could give me - remember? I have to cancel, but was keeping that in case. But I can't do that as it is too close to when I see my endo - May 21st. Surely somebody can help us!!!!! I hope this is the turning point for you....I pray.

Later,
Liz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 01:05 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

mauz HB Usermauz HB Usermauz HB User

cancel the June 2nd appointment with the other endo, if your endo doesn't work out I would go and see that lady.
Don't drive yourself crazy with thinking about switching meds, for now you have to give your current meds a try. I think it all depends on what your endo is going to do on your next appointment again you have to give him some time and a chance to work with you.

You will be fine soon !!

Old 05-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
cancel the June 2nd appointment with the other endo, if your endo doesn't work out I would go and see that lady.
Don't drive yourself crazy with thinking about switching meds, for now you have to give your current meds a try. I think it all depends on what your endo is going to do on your next appointment again you have to give him some time and a chance to work with you.

You will be fine soon !!
Pia,

I will cancel that appointment for sure. I do have to give him a try as I have only seen him once. Will see what happens next time. I can't do anything but hang in there, I know that. At least if I get a headache, I know I can go to the pain clinic and it will help some...that is a break. Just got over a 4 day one - you know that. Muscles are still sore - but sometimes if the pain clinic lady works on my muscles and I don't have a headache - the muscles rebound and I get one. This particular woman knows that though - so that is why I missed her so much. It is really best to go there with a headache if you can get appointment. She has always been so wonderful to me and even when she was at home which isn't far from her office - she would come in to work on me. Of course, I paid for the visit - but still she didn't have to be that accessible. That is why I missed her so much - but she can now help me so that is a blessing.

Thanks - glad you feel better,
Liz

Old 05-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:

You will be fine soon !!
Pia,

Was just reading a post about aching legs and muscles - something like that - JRose posted on there along with Mkbrk(sp?) - anyway, I keep blaming the side effects on the Synthroid - would you say they are because I am hypo and these are hypo symptoms - not side effects of meds? and because I am not stabilized. Same with your symptoms...??? A thought and question. Always learning.

Liz

Old 05-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz,

100% from being hypo we are not optimized on our meds those pains will go away when our levels are right.
I also still feel the pains in my hips and legs so I know it is not from the meds I hope this will go away soon. Are you having sharp pains in your wrists ?
I also keep reading the different posts it is amazing how we all have those terrible symptoms.
Hang in there Liz things will get better

Pia

Old 05-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #21
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

Hey Liz - I posted this on the aching arms and legs but will post here too. Sounds to me like you are still not optimized with your meds. For me, the lack of energy, brain fog, and muscle pain/weakness happen when I am not adequately supplemented. Synthroid doesn't cause these symptoms for me but I do know that others on this board have a hard time with synthroid so maybe they will chime in. Synthroid seems to be working really well for me. As you recall, I had to drop the Armour completely and it has taken a bit of patience to get to the right level of synthroid. I am now on 125 mcg synthroid and have been feeling better than I have felt in a long, long time. I have been on this dose for 5 weeks now and, during weeks 3 and 4, I actually felt NORMAL! I had forgotten what it feels like to not be a walking zombie from too little meds or wired and jittery from too much. It was like WOW! I'm NORMAL! Now this week, I think I am feeling a little hyper - don't know but my appointment is next week and he may make a few minor adjustments, but I really think I am getting there! Hang in there Liz - you will get there too! Blessings - jrose
Report Bad Post

Old 05-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose1358 View Post
Hey Liz - I posted this on the aching arms and legs but will post here too. Sounds to me like you are still not optimized with your meds. For me, the lack of energy, brain fog, and muscle pain/weakness happen when I am not adequately supplemented. Synthroid doesn't cause these symptoms for me but I do know that others on this board have a hard time with synthroid so maybe they will chime in. Synthroid seems to be working really well for me. As you recall, I had to drop the Armour completely and it has taken a bit of patience to get to the right level of synthroid. I am now on 125 mcg synthroid and have been feeling better than I have felt in a long, long time. I have been on this dose for 5 weeks now and, during weeks 3 and 4, I actually felt NORMAL! I had forgotten what it feels like to not be a walking zombie from too little meds or wired and jittery from too much. It was like WOW! I'm NORMAL! Now this week, I think I am feeling a little hyper - don't know but my appointment is next week and he may make a few minor adjustments, but I really think I am getting there! Hang in there Liz - you will get there too! Blessings - jrose
Report Bad Post
Thanks Jrose - that is encouraging - but the waiting is maddening and feeling bad all day every day. I actually have no life at all - and I am not kidding. How long have you been on the other doses - when did you start all of this? I think you remember from previous posts that I was on Armour for 40 years -with no problems and in Dec 2007 I started the heart palpitations and had to drop it. March 19th was when I was changed to Synthroid - so I guess in "thryoid land" - that isn't long at all. I was changed to .88 on April 15th which also isn't long - but the whole thing from Dec 2007 of feeling sick and being at home all the time makes you want to jump off a bridge.

I am glad you are feeling better - update me on your timeline.

Thanks,
Liz

Old 05-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Liz,

100% from being hypo we are not optimized on our meds those pains will go away when our levels are right.
I also still feel the pains in my hips and legs so I know it is not from the meds I hope this will go away soon. Are you having sharp pains in your wrists ?
I also keep reading the different posts it is amazing how we all have those terrible symptoms.
Hang in there Liz things will get better

Pia
Thanks for the info - so it is from being hypo and not optimized - not from the meds? Hmmm....yes, I read them too - it is awful. Read Jrose's post to me on this thread.

Your hubby home yet?

Later,
Liz

Old 05-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes he got home this afternoon I am so glad he is home.
I am feeling tired again I guess it is almost time for my second dose of Armour.
When you were taking it did you also split it up and when did you take your last pill in the day, after dinner ?
I think you probably ending up taking over 100mcg of Synthroid you were on a lot of Armour 90mg is around 112-150mcg of Synthroid. I think he will increase your Synthroid to 100mcg.
Are you feeling a little better tonight ?

Pia

Last edited by mauz; 05-01-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
I am feeling tired again I guess it is almost time for my second dose of Armour.
When you were taking it did you also split it up and when did you take your last pill in the day, after dinner ?
I think you probably ending up taking over 100mcg of Synthroid you were on a lot of Armour 90mg is around 112-150mcg of Synthroid. I think he will increase your Synthroid to 100mcg.

Pia
Hi,

When I was on Armour and normal without problems I never split my Armour - I took a 120 and a 15 mg together in the A. M. and never gave it a thought again. When I had problems I was trying everything - cutting it in half - doing anything to be able to not have heart palpitations. I think if you take it too close to bedtime it might bother you - but don't know really.

Glad your hubby is home. I guess the next dosage for Synthroid is 100 mcg. I wouldn't mind a slow increase if I could function at all - but the thought of 30 more days staying in the house and lying on the couch make me want to jump off a bridge. Better not think ahead right now. I am on day 17 of the .88 mcg.

Talk later or tomorrow. I always feel a little better at night as we have discussed - not good - but not so lightheaded or whatever that feeling is.

Almost hate to get out of bed in the morning and start all over again. Will see what tomorrow brings - still would like to get my hair done - but can't count on it.

Liz

Old 05-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #26
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

Hey Liz - I started feeling hyper on the Armour/Synthroid in December but probably was hyper well before that and just didn't do anything about it right away. Anyway I waited till after Christmas to go to the Doc. He confirmed by labs that I was over-supplemented and we cut the Armour down from 60 to 30 and then finally just dropped it. I then started the Synthroid back at 50 mcg at the end of January. After about 2 weeks it was clear it wasn't enough and I upped myself to 75 and then to 100 after another couple of weeks. That put me at the beginning of February. I was feeling a little bit better but not by much - pretty much still a zombie and forcing myself to function. By March we had sping break coming up and had a trip planned to New York City. I decided I couldn't survive a vacation not feeling well so I went into my doctor, explained the situation and got his approval to up my dose to 125 mcg. I started feeling better within 48 hours and have been well for the past 5 weeks. As I explained in my earlier post, I may be getting a bit hyper and may back my dose off a little but will wait to see what the labs show. If the labs ae in range, I may stay at this dose and see if things settle in for the long haul. I would love to just be stable for awhile. I will keep you posted after my appointment on Ma 6th. Liz - I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the doc and ask for an increase if it is clear your current dose is doing nothing. I can usually tell after 2 weeks, sometimes sooner if a particular dose is going to help. Blessings and loving thoughts flowing to you - jrose

Old 05-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose1358 View Post
Hey Liz - I started feeling hyper on the Armour/Synthroid in December but probably was hyper well before that and just didn't do anything about it right away. Anyway I waited till after Christmas to go to the Doc. He confirmed by labs that I was over-supplemented and we cut the Armour down from 60 to 30 and then finally just dropped it. I then started the Synthroid back at 50 mcg at the end of January. After about 2 weeks it was clear it wasn't enough and I upped myself to 75 and then to 100 after another couple of weeks. That put me at the beginning of February. I was feeling a little bit better but not by much - pretty much still a zombie and forcing myself to function. By March we had sping break coming up and had a trip planned to New York City. I decided I couldn't survive a vacation not feeling well so I went into my doctor, explained the situation and got his approval to up my dose to 125 mcg. I started feeling better within 48 hours and have been well for the past 5 weeks. As I explained in my earlier post, I may be getting a bit hyper and may back my dose off a little but will wait to see what the labs show. If the labs ae in range, I may stay at this dose and see if things settle in for the long haul. I would love to just be stable for awhile. I will keep you posted after my appointment on Ma 6th. Liz - I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the doc and ask for an increase if it is clear your current dose is doing nothing. I can usually tell after 2 weeks, sometimes sooner if a particular dose is going to help. Blessings and loving thoughts flowing to you - jrose
Jrose,

Thanks for the update on your situation. I am due for bloodwork in two more weeks and a doctor's appointment on May 21st. Seems a long time to wait and I will see how bad it gets - can't get too much worse for sure. The waiting once they change the dose - 30 days is torture and I am tired of having no life. I will see what happens next. Yes, keep me updated for sure. I am so glad you are feeling normal - at this point, I haven't felt normal since first of December between heart palpitations Dec-Mar and then zombie land since then. I have basically cancelled life and do nothing - I wouldn't know what to do if I even felt a little normal.

I will let you know what happens and please do the same.

All my best to you,
Liz

Old 05-02-2008, 08:25 AM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:

Pia
Hi Pia,

How are you feeling? How did the second dose work out? Any problems? I hope not. I had to drag myself out of bed again - but trying today. I forced myself to make a hair appointment as my hairdresser is having knee surgery next week and I am not sure when she will be back. I figure I will be sitting down all the time - so perhaps it won't be too bad. Need color and highlight and trim.....Not that I am going anywhere - but not knowing when she will be back - I am trying to be optimistic and sometime I will want to do something and my hair will look awful - that is depressing too.

My appointment is at noon - will let you know how I do.

Later,
Liz

Old 05-02-2008, 08:36 AM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Liz,

I didn't get any palpitations from the Armour but I am a little shaky this morning, just don't feel good.
I guess still to early to expect a big change. I wish the day would come when I wake up and feel normal again.
Have fun at the hairdresser !!

talk later
Pia

Last edited by mauz; 05-02-2008 at 08:50 AM.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Hi Liz,

I didn't get any palpitations from the Armour but I am a little shaky this morning, just don't feel good.
I guess still to early to expect a big change. I wish the day would come when I wake up and feel normal again.
Have fun at the hairdresser !!

talk later
Pia
Hi Pia,

Glad you didn't get any palpitations. Guess it takes a while for the body to get used to a new dosage - as we know. I don't think mine is getting used to anything - or it is not enough or whatever. It is taking every ounce of whatever I have to go out of the house today. I thought I might feel a little better but after being up for a while - don't think it is much, if any.

Oh, well....just another day in...........

Later,
Liz

Closed Thread