It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #106
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User
Re: Changed To Synthroid

Pia,

And you can vent to me too. I just don't understand this. Feeling bad every day. I didn't even want to get up this morning. I feel like my heart is beating faster the last day or so - but it isn't real high - probably my frustration and nerves. The burning in the abdomen isn't as bad the last day....I changed to the white pills - I told you that - right? Trying anything. I have been working on my notes for the endo for next week - so I don't forget anything. I will use the notes to talk to him and give him a copy.

Later,
Liz

Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #107
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauz View Post
you said it , jumping off a bridge that what I feel like right now.
Still feeling weird a little nauses and weak , who knows , I guess I have to wait and see and give the lady a chance.
You can vent to me all day long I know how you feel !!
well back to work

talk later
Pia
Hi Pia,

You have two posts from me - one last night and this is Wednesday morning. How are you feeling? Better, I hope. I called the doctor's office this morning to get her to fax blood work in. I also asked her to have the doctor request my Free T3, etc. tests. I told her that I still feel really bad and she said she understands how terrible you can feel, and they have to see the labs and perhaps I need an increase.........I like her - she is the office manager, but seems to know about thyroid somewhat - probably worked there for a long time or something. Anyway, continuing to feel somewhat lightheaded which really is maddening as for sure I don't feel like going out even for an hour. I guess the symptoms just come one after the other.

Oh, well, no use to complain - although it feels good.... Let me know how you are.

Later,
Liz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 03:52 PM   #108
Senior Veteran
(female)

mauz HB Usermauz HB Usermauz HB User

Hi Liz,
Sorrry I answer so late but I had so much work today.
I still feel like crap too, I wonder what she is going to do on Monday.
I am so glad you get to see the doctor , finaly you know what is going on with you.
I also feel lightheaded and I hate that feeling.
I kind of giving up hope this is not getting better.

take care back to work

Pia

Old 05-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #109
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauz View Post
Hi Liz,
Sorrry I answer so late but I had so much work today.
I still feel like crap too, I wonder what she is going to do on Monday.
I am so glad you get to see the doctor , finaly you know what is going on with you.
I also feel lightheaded and I hate that feeling.
I kind of giving up hope this is not getting better.

take care back to work

Pia
Hi,

I wondered what you were up to today. Working, huh? That is good - keeps your mind occupied. I have too much time on my hands and think about this thing all day long. Only time I feel a little better is in the evening and now don't want to go to bed until late so I can sleep later and not have to feel bad so long. That is really getting bad. I feel lightheaded too - I don't know - that is a new symptom since Friday or Saturday. Didn't have that too much before - but something new all the time. I have lab work tomorrow and doctor next Wednesday. So you will talk to your doctor before I see mine. You are supposed to call on Monday - right?

Talk tomorrow sometime - I'll be here.
Later,
Liz

Old 05-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #110
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Hi Pia,

I wrote back to you last night - and this is Thursday morning. I had my blood work today and they will send it to the doctor in the next day or so for my appointment next Wed. How are you feeling today? Do you have a lot of work to do today? I seem to go from one symptom to another. The last few days in addition to feeling lightheaded - my heart seems racy - not beating real hard - but around 80 or so - and other times 70's - which 70's is OK. It could just be stress, because to say the least I am stressed and anxious feeling so bad all the time. I posted on the boards - I remember someone saying that you can have racing heart from either hypo or hyper. I always associate it with hyper. You had did didn't you - but you were on T3 - Armour and such? Anyway - today I don't feel quite as lightheaded - but who knows what the day brings. I feel like I have a bad case of the flu - not the cold symptoms - but just can hardly move around - exhausted - but not sleepy. You know that feeling? I have been sleeping really good at night with my 1/2 xanax. I am going to try to take 1/4 tonight - to see if less helps. I only tried once without it and I was wide awake. I need sleep as I feel terrible and don't need to feel worse. I also posted a question about if the doctor changes my dosage - how long it takes to feel effects - good or bad? I guess you said two weeks or so? What did you doctor say? I think it is easy to get obsessed with this thyroid thing - but when I try to think of other things - since there is nothing to do when you feel bad - and you can't make plans - what in the heck can you think about?
Any ideas?

Liz

Old 05-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #111
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Liz,
racy heart is more hyper I had that alot when I firt went hyper from thyroiditis.
Wonder if you are getting too much T4. You will know by nex week.
I am also very tired today I have to go to the doctors offfice on Monday can't wait to hear what she has to say.
Every day a new symptom I do know how you feel. Thank god work keeps my mind of this nightmare.
take care

Pia

Old 05-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #112
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Hi,

I thought racing heart is more hyper and that is what I had when I had the problems with Armour. It has only been the last couple of days and actually yesterday wasn't that bad. It could be my nerves. Felt all day like I was getting a migraine - so when I have that my heart rate always increases because I get so stressed that I might have one for 4 days. I took one of my Fiornal tablets early - as soon as it started - usually they don't help, but I don't take them much at all and sometimes they do. It let up some and I am going to take another in 4-6 hours. They are loaded with caffeine though - so that doesn't help - but my heart was fast before that. Perhaps it is from meds not being right.

So you are going on Monday? You aren't just calling her - that is good. How do you feel? Just off?

I need to focus on something else if possible as I told you in earlier e-mail - it is hard to think of anything else since I can't really do anything because of feeling bad. I have tried a couple of days to work on cleaning out photos - but usually don't even feel that good - and that is bad. I should try at least one hour a day - need to set some goals. I do go for a short walk every day - but that is 15 minutes. At least with you working -it keeps your mind off it for a while. Lucky you feel good enough to do that.

Talk tomorrow,
Liz

Old 05-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #113
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Liz

I hope you didn't get your bad headache.
I still feel awful tired , weak, lots of stomach problems but don't know if this is all thyroid,
I know nothing anymore , Ha-Ha.
Have so much work right now so at least that keeps me bussy if not I think I would go insane.
I can't wait to hear what your doctor has to say.

take care
Pia

Old 05-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #114
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Hi,

I took two Fiornals - 5 hours apart last night and so far it seems to not have gotten bad - my neck muscles are sore - but that goes with it. I feel like I have the flu - the usual - and tired. Oh, well - so what else is new.

Sorry you don't feel better - I am trying to keep my mind on other things - but hardly possible when you feel lousy. Good your work keeps your mind on something else. The more I think about this - the worse I feel.

Only a few more days until the doctor - but I think you go Monday - right?
Will be anxious to see what she says to you.

Later,
Liz

Old 05-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #115
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes I will go on Monday I also wonder what she is going to do.
We both have a good week next week, lets pray for a change !!

Pia

Old 05-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #116
(male)

tom429 HB User

Ladies, I have read this thread with great interest.

I was diagnosed hypothyroid last January and am currently titrating my dosage upwords....started in Jan 25 mcg...currently just started on 75 mcg.

Some of my symptoms have disappeared, some have improved and some persist. I continue with a TSH of 10.5.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you ladies split your pills? Actually cut them in half?

Best Wishes,
Tom

Old 05-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #117
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Hi Tom,

I have been on Synthroid since mid-March and feeling terrible. I was on Armour for 40 years and felt wonderful with no problems. In Dec 2007, I started with heart palpitations and after the doctor reduced my dosage 4 times and the palpitations persisted - he changed me to Synthroid. I felt bad before and have been worse since. I have gone from .50 mcg to- 75 mcg and now on .88 mcg and still feel bad. All kinds of symptoms - flu-like feeling all the time, exhausted, do nothing but lie around most of the time, rash for a while, muscles burning, etc...on and on. I go back on next Wednesday - had lab work yesterday. Hope he increases -he has to do something. I have tried splitting my pills in half. People say it doesn't do much good with Synthroid because it is slow acting - but I think the dyes or fillers may have caused me problems - no way of knowing. I have tried all kinds of things - probably not supposed to, but I don't think it hurt. With products with T3, I think you are supposed to take them at different times.

What are you symptoms?

Liz

Old 05-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #118
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Hi Pia,

This is Saturday morning - how are you feeling? Better, I hope. I didn't even want to get out of bed this morning - so tired. Once I get up and try to walk around I feel so weird - much better sitting down - though not good. Perhaps it is the fatigue and exhaustion of not enough meds that makes me feel sort lightheaded at times. I have seen others say this. Don't know. I think you said that too - you felt dizzy - I don't feel dizzy - but just "very off".

I wonder if my endo increases my meds if I will have all those weird side effects again. I hope not. I would think it if got closer to the right amount I would feel better - but I am hoping that is not just "wishful thinking". Anyway, can't guess right now. I told you I was using the white 50's and making up .88 mcg - I have done that for about 5 days and the burning isn't nearly as it was - almost not..... I don't know how I am going to tell him that - I think I will say I did it after the blood work. They have a fit when you do stuff - but hey - it's my body.

Anyway - have a good day - talk later,
Liz

Old 05-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #119
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz,

Don't worry about the doctor just tell him I don't think he minds.
Still don't feel better I am so tired of not feeling well.

talk later
Pia

Old 05-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #120
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Hi,

I know - I am typing up all my notes for the doctor - so I don't forget anything - I always do that when I have a lot to say. I am thinking of asking my husband to sit in on my appointment because he thinks of things I don't. Not sure yet....at least I will go over what all I am going to say to the doctor with him. Sometimes my brain is not working at all these days - it has been consumed with thyroid, thyroid, thyroid for so many months.

Talk later,
Liz

Closed Thread