It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Lori123 HB User
I am so happy........more good news

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to post that I received GREAT news at the endo today, for my 6 month cancer ckup appt. The most important news is that my thyroglobulin tumor marker blood test is UNDETECTABLE..........Thank you, Lord!! My TSH is sufficiently suppressed at 0.9 to help prevent a recurrance, and my Free T4 is 1.3 (.6-1.6) last time my Free T4 was 0.9, so that is looking better which I don't know how since my dose has been the same since I started to take Levo 6 months ago. I take 150 dose and thought I needed to increase my dose to increase the Free T4, but it must fluctuate because now its better!!!!! My Ferritin is up from 5, then 13, and now 23, YEA!!!!!! My hemoglobin was 11.6, then 13.0, and now 13.8, YEA!!! Everything is FINALLY moving in the right direction. The endo was so kind, he said that I have handled all this "beautifully" how nice!! {little does he know how much everyone on here came to my rescue with all my questions, fears, and anxieties!!!} You wonderful ladies have been a Godsend to me, I seriously couldn't have coped as well with out this board. There are a few of you, who know who you are, that have helped me through one of the most difficult times of my life and I SINCERELY APPRECIATE IT!!!! We needed a little good news over here as my youngest son got hurt playing B ball at the local YMCA on Teen Night, he got hit really hard, and went to the ground and had a seizure, we were out to dinner with some friends and got that phone call, and I just about flipped, went to the ER had a Cat scan, neuro testing, etc. Then last week we had to have an EEG, and another cat scan last Wed. night as they thought Matthew could have bleeding on his brain, but it was all clear. He has terrible headaches and has been home from school for the past couple weeks, and has to go through a post concussion rehab facility for testing, MY POOR BABY!!! Concussions are common, seizures from concussions are not common, the ER doc said he hit so hard that he went into the seizure........ It killed us to see him lying on the floor at the Y with a neck brace on, and so disoriented from the seizure, and riding with him in the ambulance to the ER. He is getting better, but its been a tough couple of weeks, so I was PRAYING that my stuff was ok, and it was, so I am thankful. I hope all my thyroid buddies on here are improving toward good {better} health, too. It seems like such a NIGHTMARE when you are first diagnosed, and it has NOT been EASY, by any means, but I am seeing the light, finally! Thanks again for all your support!!!
Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: I am so happy........more good news

So sorry about your son---good news for you though!

Old 04-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Keep us posted on both of your conditions. I can understand your baby having a seizure. My son at 2 months of age went into siezures after hsi first set of immunizations. I was terrified. It was the longest night of my life. Even longer than the 13.5 hours of labor which ended in an emergency C-section at 6:15 am. I am sure they will take great care of your son and you. Stick with us. I am sure you can offer the same support you received to the next round to suffer.

Bless you both.
MG

Old 05-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Lori123 HB User

Thank you both for your responses. I will stick around and help if I can, I would be happy to help others, I received so much help on here from you both. I am sure I will probably have further questions, too. I am already wondering about how docs have different protocols for follow up. I thought I would have a scan at one year, but the endo said that as long as my Tg is undetectable, he would continue to monitor through bloodwork. Seems like most have the follow up scanning? Maybe because mine was encapsulated, smallish and no mets? I don't know, but I have faith in him as a doctor, so we will see. I just want to enjoy the summer!!
Thanks again,
Lori

Closed Thread