It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

konamom HB User
Aching arms and legs???

Hi,
A friend of mine just saw the doctor because she's been having on again, off again aching in her arms and legs. Without doing any bloodwork he said it's her thyroid. Have any of you ever heard of this or experienced it? Thank you!
Cari

Old 05-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

jrose1358 HB User
Re: Aching arms and legs???

Yes. When I am Hypo, I experience aching in my arms and legs, especially in the joints and I also get a general feeling of weakness and heaviness in my arms and legs along with a bone tired feeling and a total brain fogginess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose1358 View Post
Yes. When I am Hypo, I experience aching in my arms and legs, especially in the joints and I also get a general feeling of weakness and heaviness in my arms and legs along with a bone tired feeling and a total brain fogginess.

Hi (JRose it's been a while),

I am still dealing with the Synthroid and trying to get the right dose - I am on .88mcg now and feeling awful - still. Have to wait two more weeks for blood work - three for doctor's appointment. I have experienced some aching of muscles in my legs and abdomen and have read that it is common. Is that from the Synthroid - side effect - or the fact that meds are not stabilized and it is from the hypo. I am blaming it on the Synthroid. I definitely am bone tired - I do nothing but get out of bed and lie around all day. Walk around like a zombie and have no life. This is the pits. Hope something changes soon. How are you feeling? Are you on Armour now or what? Hope this helps the original post that others have this.

Liz

Old 05-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Too much T4 will cause joint aches as well. The best way to see which is to get her to have her Ft3 and FT4 tested and see where she lies in the range with respect to her symptoms.

MG

Old 05-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

Totally agree with MG. She needs to get her thyroid levels checked. Hey Liz - sounds to me like you are still not optimized with your meds. For me, the lack of energy, brain fog, and muscle pain/weakness happen when I am not adequately supplemented. Synthroid doesn't cause these symptoms for me but I do know that others on this board have a hard time with synthroid so maybe they will chime in. Synthroid seems to be working really well for me. As you recall, I had to drop the Armour completely and it has taken a bit of patience to get to the right level of synthroid. I am now on 125 mcg synthroid and have been feeling better than I have felt in a long, long time. I have been on this dose for 5 weeks now and, during weeks 3 and 4, I actually felt NORMAL! I had forgotten what it feels like to not be a walking zombie from too little meds or wired and jittery from too much. It was like WOW! I'm NORMAL! Now this week, I think I am feeling a little hyper - don't know but my appointment is next week and he may make a few minor adjustments, but I really think I am getting there! Hang in there Liz - you will get there too! Blessings - jrose

Old 05-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #6
(female)

ptchamp HB User

Maybe that explains why my legs ache so much. I've described it as "growing pains" when my kids ask what's going on, and that's the closest thing I can think to compare it to. Up until the last couple of days I had never made a connection to being hypothyroid, but it makes sense.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:09 AM   #7
(female)

alikat709 HB User

can everyone email this to my doctor lol? He says my pain in my legs are arms are definately NOT thyroid related and is making me go for an emg on tuesday. I was first sent to a rheumatologist to rule out sjrogrens,that was a fun lip biopsy. The emg is going to show nothing too. how many more useless test are there ? Its no wonder thyroid disease is responsible for so much depression . kathy

Old 05-02-2008, 05:29 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

You can refuse the test and plead for a trial shift in medication in order to save money in the current economic climb. Complain about a feel for unnecessary testing when a simple medication trial might see an improvement. Some MDs respond to pocket book reasoning. I know my pocket book is getting tight these days. Ugh!

MG

Closed Thread