It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
(female)

red64 HB User
I see new Doctor tomorrow can someone answer a question tonight?

I am seeing a new Endo./ Internal medicine doc. in the morn. have been fighting with debilatating Hypo. symtoms for nine months and hopefully they will help me this time around. My question is this: I have been on Cipro 1000mgs. a day ( antibiotics ) for a breast infection since last friday, will this screw up any lab work tomorrow. My normal temp in the morn. is usually 96.1 during the day my average is 97.2 - with the infection it goes from 95.1 to 99.1 up and down all day. I am afraid when i get there it will be 98 something and they wont believe that I run abnormal temps. I have had one ultra sound with an enlarged (R) thyroid 4.7 cm x 1.2 (L) 3.8 cm x 1.4 with some nodules the report did not say how many or what size. My last TSH was 2.581. What happens if they still use the old ranges of .03 - 5.5 do I tell them about the new guidlines. Thanks to everyone out there for all of their stoires and advice you have gotten me through alot of tough times !

Old 05-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
(female)

Lesa45 HB User
Re: I see new Doctor tomorrow can someone answer a question tonight?

Hi Red, You have the same woes as I do. Multinodular mess. I have had a low body temperature as long as I can remember, when I am sick a real fever for me is about 99. Only recently I have found out I have Hashimotos and the low temp is one of the symptoms. I had an FNA on my largest nodule and the cells were suspicious. I'm getting a follow-up FNA in July. I'm currently on .50 mcg Synthroid. If I were you I would definately bring the new ranges to your dr visit. Maybe print it from AACE. In my experience even little tweaks in your ranges can make a big difference in the way you feel. I'm hoping my family Dr. will be open to my input. Only you can say how you are feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: I see new Doctor tomorrow can someone answer a question tonight?

Dito print out the statements from the A A C E and N A C B on the most recent ranges. I have them posted in my week 2 care and concerns post. You have to go in and be in control of yourself and the meeting. Drive it. Ask your questions and as them what they know and how they treat their patients. This is your care and your life. Take it by the reigns. They will either respect you or turn their back. If they accept it and work with you.. you are working with someone that just might be a keeper. If they tuck tail or get offended, then they are not very confident in their care regime.. just my opinion though.

MG

Closed Thread