It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
(female)

red64 HB User
Has anyone else heard of Breast lactation & Hypo ?

Ok, so now I am ready to admit myself to the looney bin ! I have had 5 breast surgeries due to lactation of the breast. First they thought it was thyroid related. then the 1st. Endo said "NO" it is Fibro. Cystic Breast Disease. so I had a mammogram today and they said no way ! they could not find anything. I am scheduled for a MRI of the breast tomorrow. The 2nd. Endo. I tested 2.5 TSH with family history of Hash's, so still waiting on results for antibody's test doctor won't do anything until results come in. But he also said that thyroids couldn't effect the breast. I am having a hard time buying into this.

So here is the crazy part - breast gets painful, WBC is high and fever goes up to 99.1 ( usually 95.1 -97.2 ) knees swell up, muscle pain, and neck pain all at the same time. My surgent puts me on high doses of antibiotics and the pain all over seems to slow down. knees aren't as swollen, breast pain isn't as bad, fever drops and I am cold again, but after I am off the antibioticis for a few days every thing comes back even stronger.

If my own antibodies are attacking my body can RX antibiotics help ? I can't make any sense out of all of this, can anyone out there ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
(female)

juner50 HB User
Re: Has anyone else heard of Breast lactation & Hypo ?

I'm not sure I understand.....are you saying you are lactating but shouldn't be?
Is it a milky discharge or a large production of milk?

Has any Dr checked your prolactin levels?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
(female)

mattie75 HB User

I have had sore and swollen breast with hyper swings of Hashi's. Really left dr. scratching his head. If you will notice under hyper symptoms for men it talks about breast swelling with hyperthyroid. Don't know about hypo. Although, it is hard for me to tell when I am swinging from one to the other.
Mattie

Old 06-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

Long standing (untreated or poorly controlled) hypothyroid can cause elevated prolactin levels. My prolactin was 48 when I was finally dx with Hashi's, my gyn asked about discharge, luckily I had none.

If your prolactin level is very high you should should be evaluated for a prolactinoma.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

You need your pituitary function: ACTH, prolactin, Cortisol, DHEA sulfate and what other standard pituitary adrenal system tests the MD wants to add to check the state of your pituitary gland. the pituitary gland and microtumors can cause such an effect. I have itching and leaking during my period and ovulation cycles. I have issues with my hashimoto's, adrenal insufficiency, and dysfunctional pituitary gland to boot. If your MD has not tested your prolactin, he is dropping the ball and falling all over the place trying to pick it up!

MG

Closed Thread