It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2008, 04:29 AM   #1
(female)

LilyU HB User
Synthroid & itchy skin??

I have been on 50 mcg. of Synthroid for one month now,and in the past two weeks my skin, mainly on my arms and upper back is SOOOO itchy. Sometimes I get little bumps that you can barely see, then they go away, other times it just plain itches!

Could it be from the Synthroid? I had a left lobectomy end of April, and the right side didn't seem to pick up the slack since my level went from 1.9 before surgery to 4.6 a month after.

Thanks for any help!!
Lily

Old 06-25-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User
Re: Synthroid & itchy skin??

In my honest opinion, it's a process of elimination.

Since you started taking Synthroid, has ANYTHING else changed?
Laundry soap
bath soap
material that you're WEARING
new pet
new lotion

a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g ??? If you can't come up with anything after searching your brain, the culprit COULD be Synthroid.

All the 10 months that I took levoxyl, every 3-4 weeks only my right eyelid would get itchy & flakey.

Since I'v started Armour 13+ months ago, I don't HAVE that problem

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User

with my experience....even before finding out i had hashi's...i started having really bad itchy hands and feet. i think that was like my first post on this thread. my hands and feet especially, were really badly itchy. to a point where i'd cry because they were so itchy. the doctors couldn't pinpoint the problem...they thought i had a fungus problem. watever! well shortly after i started synthroid the itching did stop but does come back from time to time. i really don't think it's the synthroid, but just having hashi's, i've definitely seen an increase of itchy skin...due to dryness. i have even this dry patch on my left hand that seems to be getting worse. tho sometimes it's really raw looking and other times, it's just there and not causing any trouble. i don't know what it is. i better go and lotion up now. goodluck.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
(female)

LilyU HB User

Thanks for the replies. Believe me, I have gone over and over things and no new soaps, or pets or anything. I see the Endo in two weeks now (I moved up my appt) so maybe I can stand it until then.

L.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

Liliy,

I've had a rash for two yrs. I've seen a DERM 4 TIMES. I'm told that it is rare to get a skin reaction to Synthroid. So they think it is probably from HCTZ. They also insist that I be treated for Scabies just to rule that out even though I don't have the symptom pattern for that. Given my drug reactions to meds, I'm really afraid to do the treatment for Scabies.

Have you looked at the fillers or inactive ingredients in Synthroid? I assume your 50mcg tablet is white & has no dye in it.

Do you have any food or drug allergies? Fam

Closed Thread