It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
What is the lowest dose of thyroxine anybody here takes?

Hi all was just wondering what is the lowest dose of thyroxine taken by anyone who comes here. After my TT l was on 125mcgs ... that wa slowered after a few months as my ft4 got high and l had symptoms lowered to 100mcgs. Now my ft4 is climbing again 24.1 top of range 22.0 (but they allow you up to 26.0 with no thyroid if you dont have symptoms BUT l feel rotten 95% of the time anyway! lol its all lve knew since l started out of the thyroid meds ptu for graves, thyroxine for block and replace ,now just thyroxine cos my thyroid was removed) Looking forward to replies cheers x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User
Cool Re: What is the lowest dose of thyroxine anybody here takes?

(If you mean STARTING dose) The lowest that I've read about here is 25 mcg's.

I had one enlarged, non-cancerous Thy lobe removed and was close to being optimized with 150 mcg's of Levoxyl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: What is the lowest dose of thyroxine anybody here takes?

Nope l mean there regular dose

Old 07-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

I'm on 12.5 mcg. Started 50mcg but too many hyper symptoms. Fam

Old 07-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

I'm on 12.5 mcg. Started 50mcg but too many hyper symptoms. Fam

Old 07-18-2008, 11:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks do you still have your thyroid too?

Old 07-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

I have thyroiditis which gets activated especially when I get a virus. Then some of the hormone (thyroid) leaks out which causes hyper symptoms.

BTW I cut a 50 mcg white tab in 4 pieces for my 12.5 dose because I'm allergic to one particular dye in the other pills. Then I have to crush it & take it with applesauce because my bout with thyroiditis 30 yrs ago damaged my esophagus. Fam

Old 07-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

younggranny HB User

I still have my thyroid and i started at 25mcg's and 8 months later went to 50 and then about 18 months later which is now, i have just gone to 75mcg's..still adjusting to this dose sometimes feel jittery and off...I weigh about 126 pounds so i am wondering if 75 mcg's is to much...

Old 07-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

I have thyroiditis which gets activated especially when I get a virus. Then some of the hormone (thyroid) leaks out which causes hyper symptoms.

BTW I cut a 50 mcg white tab in 4 pieces for my 12.5 dose because I'm allergic to one particular dye in the other pills. Then I have to crush it & take it with applesauce because my bout with thyroiditis 30 yrs ago damaged my esophagus. Fam

Old 07-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #10
(female)

aussiejenni HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by niecsey View Post
Hi all was just wondering what is the lowest dose of thyroxine taken by anyone who comes here. After my TT l was on 125mcgs ... that wa slowered after a few months as my ft4 got high and l had symptoms lowered to 100mcgs. Now my ft4 is climbing again 24.1 top of range 22.0 (but they allow you up to 26.0 with no thyroid if you dont have symptoms BUT l feel rotten 95% of the time anyway! lol its all lve knew since l started out of the thyroid meds ptu for graves, thyroxine for block and replace ,now just thyroxine cos my thyroid was removed) Looking forward to replies cheers x
Hello Niecsey
I am trying 112mcg of thyroxine per day. I had my TT back in Nov 2006 and I still don't feel good...lots of anxiety and aches and pains. I really sympathise with you when you say you feel rotten most of the time and I hope that you can feel well again. (I felt better with my overactive thyroid gland than I do now)
Hugs
Jenni

Old 07-19-2008, 02:30 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Jenni x its so good to know lm not alone bless you x I am racked with aches and pains and weird pains etc etc there looking to see if l have fibro. At mo lm keeping a diary so l can be more specific when l go back to the docs... you know how it is you cant remember most of the things you want to mention or explain them fully l can sympathise with you lve been in agony these last few days it gets me so down...... before l put up with it and took it as part of my thyroid probs...... but after a year without the thyroid now lm getting down and finding it hard to see light at the end of the tunnel. Either way l just want to know whats wrong with me give it a name and try and get on with it hopefully. Im havign y thyroid retested in approx 6 weeks to see if any changes. I cant understand why it keeps climbing? It did this too while l was on large doses of ptu!!!! never mind...l day eh? thanks for all your replies really interesting xx

Closed Thread