It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

Gail 22 HB User
What does it mean if you have a lot of antibodies in your blood

What does it mean if you have a lot of antibodies in your blood.???, my throid test came back normal-(to high normal) what ever that means,But the endo said that I have a lot of Antibodies in my blood. I don't understand what that is. I have all the symtpoms of hypothyroid, I have a lot of burning in my throat and it seems to travel into my whole face and glands,the fatigue is real bad at times, but It comes and goes, like a couple of weeks at a time to a month I feel so good, then I can't get up or do anything, the endo put me on a low dose of synthroid a couple of weeks ago to see if this would help, I don't know what the readings were from my test, they don't tell you here, but I did have every thyroid test done. Does anyone please know what this all this burning is and no energy at all, when all (other) test come back normal, my throat feels like someone is choking me sometimes when I drink cold drinks or like I can't breath.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gail 22 For This Useful Post:
superpeaches (11-13-2011)
Old 07-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User
Re: What does it mean if you have a lot of antibodies in your blood

from what i understand, it means you have hashimoto's/autoimmune hypothyroidism. the antithyroid antibodies (assuming those are the antibodies you are talking about) in your blood means your body is attacking your thyroid.

you might benefit from getting some literature about hypothyroidism. this board has a lot of good people with excellent feedback, but there are books out there too. check your library.

your doc should be checking your free T3 and free T4 levels too, and your TSH. i'm not sure if he did that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User

Yes it sounds like its Hashimotos that hes talking about. Best thing you can do is get a copy of the tests done, with the ranges and your results.

From that we should be able to help a little more

Total Thyroidectomy Oct 06 due to Massive Multi Nodular Goiter and Hashi
Adrenal Fatigue
180mg NTH
28mg HC
2 x Caltrate

Rach xxxx

Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
(female)

Gail 22 HB User

Thank You so much for the quick feed back. Yes my doctor did say that my body was attacking my thyroid, but he didn't tell me that I had Hashimoto's he just said that I have a lot of anitibodies in my blood he didn't even tell me what that meant, I would like to know if you have heard of someone having all this burning and sore glands are any of the symptoms that come with this, along with all the other symtpoms of hypothyroid. I am scard because I don't know how long I am going to feel like this, it is going on three yrs now with all these symtpoms. I have been told everything under the sun of what is wrong with me, so now that I have some idea what I have is why I having been looking on the internet for answers. So if you could please, please tell me as much as you can about this would be so nice of you. I also had every test under the sun and see I can't count how many different doctors. I have to go back in 4 weeks to have the free T3, free T4 and TSH done again to see what the synthroid is doing to my thyroid. Thank you so much for your help.

Gail 22

Closed Thread