It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 06:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User
High estrogen levels, dr's confused?

Well my primary dr actually called me last night, a Sunday at that! shocked. Anyway, she's concerned, she's been trying to figure my issues out. My estrodial is very high and I have NO female organs left (hysterectomy). She's taking this seriously as she said something is causing it to flag? I'm throwing ideas at her: possible cancer of my nodule?, breast calcifications biopsied were benign, maybe they missed something there??? She said something about "adrenals" there are different types of adrenal issues that can produce estrogen, anyone heard of what that might be?
Hysterectomy

Old 08-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
Re: High estrogen levels, dr's confused?

Did they take both and all of your ovaries? Oleander

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2008, 06:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Oleander, yes, well, left one ovary but about 6yrs ago had the remaining ovary removed due to large cysts on it. So, its been long enough not to be producing any estrogens. I'm 52, about the time menaupause would happen if things were still there. My endo brushed me off to my primary, saying "I was in menapause" he didn't bother to read my file, dah, never got to actually speak with the endo, just the nurse. I still think its part of the thyroid deal? I do have an "abnormal right kidney" per u/s and cytoscopy several yrs ago. Now I'm concerned about that, didn't know the adrenals were near the kidney. The kidney report said " lucency traversing throught the body of the r kidney, possible partial duplication". The urologist didn't seem concerned and soon after moved so no follow up. I feel like I'm being a private detective! I'm ready to just say "f " it, but that doesn't resolve all the crazy symptoms. For now, I'm just hoping to get this thyroid out! and maybe some of this stuff will resolve?
Hysterectomy

Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

LisaBob HB User

Geez! I'm sorry you're not being paid proper attention to by the doc. That's awful!

You are absolutely the detective. We have to figure it out and get ourselves to the right doctor and hope he/she is a good one to take it from there. A tedious job, no doubt!

My hashi's was raging and I was so happy to see it (and the hurthle cells and nodules) go. While still struggling with getting everything right (since my sudden ovarian failure) - I must say I do feel better than I did before my TT.

Let us know what you find out with your mystery! I'm anxious to hear!

Lisa

Old 08-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa, you feel better since the tt? I go for my surgical consult on the 19th, I'm ready for this thyroid to go!!! Yes, having those "hurthle cells" and "follicular cells" is making me a wreck! I have so many things going on with my health, skin disease, rare type, back is a mess had 2 surgeries, all female organs gone due to issues and cancer scares, mirco calc's on my breast a new finding, urgh... I feel like Hell! I guess all I can do is address each new thing and ATTACK it! it has been a never ending battle all my life, literally... since my early 20's. I just know there is a reason and gets me so ticked off thinking it all could have been caught maybe earlier? Oh well,life goes on. So glad to hear things are better after TT, praying for me too.
Hysterectomy

Old 08-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

LisaBob HB User

Sheesh! You have so much to deal with!

I didn't start to fall apart until in my early 30's. It sure is frustrating, just trying to figure out what all is wrong.

I seem to go from doctor appointment to labs to doctor appointments endlessly - seeing so many people for so many things.

I had an appointment with a new doc this week and took in all the filled out "new patient" forms. I ran out of room on the "surgeries" portion and needed an extra paper to accompany it with the rest. (I didn't even list them all...)

Hang in there and post back what happens at your consult!

lISA

Old 08-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

Kindspirit,

I had the issue of a high estrogen about two yrs ago. Fat tissue can produce a type of estrogen. When I run across my info, I'll post it. The way I found out was that I had an abnormal pap. My PC refused to follow up. So I went to a gyn who wanted to give me a hormone to cause a period. I've been post menopausal for 10 yrs. I refused the med but he did do an estrogen level which was high for my age etc. It finally came down about 6 months ago. Lord knows I have enough fat to cause an increase in estrogen. Fam

Old 08-06-2008, 06:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fam, do you think a 10lb weight gain would elevate estrogen? I've put a lot of fat around my waist since starting thyroid meds. They couldn't bring on a "period" with me since I don't have a uterus. I had "abnormal paps" prior to my hysterectomy, that's why they did it. I'm glad your estrogen came down, was that after you were on thyroid meds? maybe the thyroid was behind it?
Hysterectomy

Closed Thread