It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User
Opinion?

I would love your opinion & please tell me if I'm being parinoid! I have been sick for a long time started last yr. I went to my primary Dr & told him a chiro who also does testing told me my adrenals are shot. Him & his wife laughed & sd that's stupid & he's no Dr. I asked for a thyroid test anyway & he gave me the script. I called to see what it sd & his wife sd the TSH levels were 4.90 which is only a little high. It was 1.74 last yr. Also I had a thyroid scan last yr that showed a nodule on one. From my symptoms I made an appt w/a endo for next week. Now this is the 2nd time I have asked for my thyroid tests to be faxed to me & to the endro Dr. Each time I have gotten other blood tests results that were done but not the thyroid. I faxed & sd I need the thyroid one & nothing. They included a paper w/the faxes that sd I have to have a followup w/their Dr in 1-2 weeks. Something seems strange, why would I go to him when they laughed at me, I want to see the endro Dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Opinion?

Have you heard of the HIPAA laws? They give you the right by force of law to see your medical records... all of them. And the law doesn't require you to make an appointment to gain access to them. I agree... Why would you want to give that jerk another nickel of your money?

It would be best to go into the office instead of trying to do it over the phone. Tell the office manager that you understand your rights under the HIPAA act and will not leave without a photocopy of all of your test results. (They have the right to charge you a small fee for copying, but reputable MDs never do that.) Be sure to mention HIPAA... That will scare the bejeebers out of them, because the law is tough on non-compliance.

Don't take no for an answer! You paid for those tests, or your insurer did. You have an absolute right to a copy of them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

Yes I do know Hippa, they know I worked for a Dr's office before retiring. I think it's a power play, if it is he's gonna loose! I don't like the way they laughed at me & also I had told him at that time I had severe constipation for a long time & he sd well I would send you for a colonoscopy but you had one 3yrs ago & it was fine. First of all alot can happen in 3yrs & 2nd he doesn't have to send me the jerk doesn't even know I have open access w/my Ins can go on my own! I made up my mind that day to dump him! They were sup to send the thyroid results to endo too, I'm gonna call Mon to see if they got them. I almost wonder if they realize they made some kind of mistake.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

I forgot to say THANK YOU for relying & the wife I guess is the office mngr.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

You're welcome.

Sounds like he got his medical license from a Cracker Jack box. You're right to ditch him.

I probably wouldn't waste time trying to force them to mail the endo those results. I would get them for myself first, then make other copies to send or take to the endo... Unless ... The endo wants them to come directly from the MD. The endo whom I saw would not make an appointment without test results from the primary MD, even though my insurance does not require a referral. From what I've seen here on the board, that's the way some endos work. They don't take always take self-referrals.

Closed Thread