It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

mellissac HB User
New hypothyrodism

I got my tsh results & they were 7.66. I have every possible symptom of hypothyroidism. I guess I would like to know what this number means, as I have not seen the doctor as of yet. Pretty much trying to understand. I actually thought at some point all these symptoms were in my head. I am just unhealthy?

Old 08-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
(female)

dallasgrl HB User
Re: New hypothyrodism

Are you sure that is TSH? Wow! That's high. I have on my labwork that the normal range is 0.30 - 4.50. Mine was 1.83 last time it was checked. You really need to find out the rest of your numbers like T-3 and T-4 and Free T4 but it looks like you might be hypo. I was diagnosed hypo because my T-4 was low and I have the antibodies for Hashi's. But my TSH has always been in normal range.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
(male)

tootal2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellissac View Post
I got my tsh results & they were 7.66. I have every possible symptom of hypothyroidism. I guess I would like to know what this number means, as I have not seen the doctor as of yet. Pretty much trying to understand. I actually thought at some point all these symptoms were in my head. I am just unhealthy?
My tsh was around 7.7 when i found out my thyroid was low. and i had all the symptoms to. Did you start on thyroid meds? I hope you did. you will feel a lot better.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
(female)

mellissac HB User

Thanks for the reply's. My doctor put me on armour thyroid 15mg & prozac. Although, I was put on the thyroid meds at my initial appt, due to me informing my doctor I was on them before. That was a year ago, I cannot remember what my level was then. I had relocated to Calif from Indiana & I just put it off. Since I have out here there has been alot of stress, ie prozac. I have not seen my doctor since my tsh results so he may adjust. I do plan on asking him about prozac causing hypothyroism. I do feel as I need prozac though. So I wander what other anti depressant would work just as well w.o interfering with armour?

Old 08-10-2008, 05:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User
Cool Re: New hypothyrodism

My TSH was there at 7+ when my Doc finally figured out that it was a PROBLEM (NO brain surgeon required as one lobe was removed)

I would pay to get my records from Indiana. Or will that Doctor fax them to CA? I learned to also get a copy of my labs EVERY TIME

If your thyroid is OFF, it will make you moody w/ possible anxiety. My Hypo-thy levels are low so those symptoms showed up again summer . Anti-depression meds AND H-thy ones can bring out the worst in each other. BUT the studies I've read refer to synthetic thy med (Synthrid, Levothyroxine, etc) reacting with anti-D ones. Honestly I don't know if you'll have that prob with Armour.

Keep us posted

Closed Thread