It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User
Get 2nd Opinions!!!!!!!!!

I posted at the end of my other post re nodule not there... Anyway: I had a biopsy done last April after an u/s showed a 1cm solid nodule. The report said it contained "hurthle cells and follicular". The endo sd it was "benign" and come back in Aug. The past 4 months have been hell! the worry about cancer etc. So---I set up a surgical consult in Boston later this month. Luckily, I was able to get another endo appt with a new dr at a teaching hospital. The "new" dr did an u/s, said NO nodule there!!! he sd the other guy must have biopsied my thyroid only. As the cytology report showed cells that are in a thyroid. That was last Friday, so today I called my old endo dr office. I asked for the report and pictures of the orig u/s. She was rude and sd she would ck into it? I then explained the whole situation. She got very defensive and sd he only biopsied my thyroid! well, thankfully I got the records when I was there and it is in black and white : he wrote a 1cm noudle etc etc there is no way he can get out of that now! She got angry and sd "I'm not going to continue this conversation". If I hadn't gone for the 2nd opinion I may well have been in surgery very soon. I still feel concerned about having those "hurthle cells" but, with all the slides he took and no "nodule" growths, hmmm, might just be the Hashi's at hand? I was thinking maybe it just shrank, but hearing his nurse say he only did my thyroid, makes me believe she's in on this too and there really was no nodule?Why would she admit to only the thyroid when she knows I was there for the nodule biopsy? this may go legal... if not for my sake but others.
Hysterectomy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
(female)

Kris0120 HB User
Re: Get 2nd Opinions!!!!!!!!!

WOW, I am amazed at the things that go on at these doctor's offices. I don't blame you one bit for being so upset. These are our lives they are messing with and some doctors just don't care.(On the lighter side, my Dad always says,"well you know, fifty percent of the doctor's graduated in the bottom half of their class") I always say, they are not God, (although some seem to think they are.) These mistakes cost us time, money, and with some people, their lives. Good thing you followed up on it. Take care, I hope you have better luck (and better doctors) in the future. Kris

Closed Thread