It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

cardshark HB Usercardshark HB User
Angry Frustrated update

I just wanted to give everyone the latest. I had my post op Fri. and the cancer was only 3mm so at this time the surgeon is not recommending any further treatment; PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!! Unfortunately I also had lab work and my TSH is 10.0 and I verified and that is what she said it is. According to their range normal is up to 5.5. As soon as she said the range they use I told her that range was out of date and it is supposed to be below 3.0 and she said she doesn't know what I'm talking about or what I mean buy out of date ranges. So she admited it was high but she said it is just slightly high and my T4 was normal so she said the doctor may or may not up the dose some. I am so fed up with this office it isn't even close to being funny. My post op appointment was about 2 min. long. They didn't even take my vital signs and I've been retaining water and swelling like crazy including my throat and tongue and the doc never said a thing about it and they didn't even take my BP. Then I call and talk to them today to get my results and that's what I find out. On top of that when they tried to get my blood they went clear through the vein and I didn't bleed much at all externally but I was continuing to bleed under the skin and was actually getting pockets of blood bumping up on my skin. I had this done Fri. around 10-10:30 am and it was 4:30-5:00 am Sunday before I finally got it to quit bleeding for good. I was icing it, using pressure, elevation, limited mobility and it would slow down and stop for a little bit then as soon as I did something or moved wrong it would start again. That is like 42 or 43 hours later. The nurse basically accused me of being stupid and there is no way it would have done that and it was probably just some swelling like I don't know the difference between blood and and regular swelling. I am so fed up with this office I'm so glad I'm basically done with them. I have an appt. with an endo the 21st and then he will be dealing with my levels and this stuff instead of the surgeons office.

Last edited by cardshark; 08-11-2008 at 12:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Frustrated update

An endo needs to be handling your follow up care---surgeon must make sure the wound is fine, and then you never have to see him again.

Did you have a total or a partial? Some endos/surgeons recommend a total, no matter how small the cancer, and some recommend RAI no matter how small, it all depends who you are working with.

Either way, you will have to keep your TSH as suppressed as possible to avoid spread/recurrence of the cancer.

Did your doctors office draw the blood? Nowadays, I have it done at labs where they draw blood all day long--I had similar experiences with doctor's offices taking my blood.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
(female)

cardshark HB Usercardshark HB User
Re: Frustrated update

I had a completion thyroidectomy. I had a partial because of benign tumors ten years ago. The blood work was done in the lab. I have an appt. with Endo. 21st of this month but I've been miserable and had severe symptoms of hypo for a month and until I can get to the endo. it is the surgeon that ordered the lab work because it is considered follow up from surgery and therefore it is his responsibility to medicate me according to the results.

Closed Thread