It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 05:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User
FNA biopsy tomorrow...wish me luck

I'm really nervous, since it's all unknown to me. I'm more nervous about having to lean my head backward for a long period of time. That makes me really dizzy.

Do you know if they only do biopsies on nodules more than 1cm or can they do them on smaller ones? They found 2 small ones last ultrasound. I don't know the measurements, but I'm sure much smaller than 1cm since they either just appeared or weren't seen on the last two ultrasounds.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
(female)

RMB HB User
Smile Re: FNA biopsy tomorrow...wish me luck

Best wishes on a successful and pain free FNA! Usually FNA's are done on nodules that are 1 cm or bigger.

Take care and try to stay calm during your biopsy, deep breathes! It will be over before you know it!
Rhonda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
(female)

dm3 HB User
Re: FNA biopsy tomorrow...wish me luck

I had a couple FNA's done a few years ago and had no complaints. It was slightly uncomfortable, but it happened prettly quickly.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:28 AM   #4
(female)

cutejenny77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Best wishes on a successful and pain free FNA! Usually FNA's are done on nodules that are 1 cm or bigger.

Take care and try to stay calm during your biopsy, deep breathes! It will be over before you know it!
Rhonda
Hi, RMB, If one's nodule is 0.7cm*0.4cm, does it worthy to be biopsied?

And the nodule which is less than 1cm, the radioactive imaging makes any sense on it?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #5
(female)

tuscansam6 HB User

My prayers are with you today on your biopsy. I have one scheduled for the 18th and my nodule was 2cm.
Let us hear from you.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User

Just had my biopsy. Not bad at all, only took about 10 minutes. My neck is a little tender, and probably will be a little sore once the numbing medicine wears off.

They originally saw one definate nodule over 1cm on the left side in the ultrasound, and also saw something that was about the same size on the right, but both the doctor and technician said it looked more like changing tissue from the Hashimoto's (she used a term I can't remember), so they only biopsied the one nodule.

I won't get results until next week. So if it's benign, what else does the biopsy tell the doctor? My main concern is that it keeps getting bigger despite taking Synthroid.

Closed Thread