It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
(female)

Cassandra36 HB User
Scared of Doctors please help thyroid low fever

I am under weight (I have always been slender)
One day I may feel great the next two I feel horrible
Tired, want to sleep all the time
I get winded easily
heart races at times
I have had heart palputations
Low grade fever on the days I do not feel good and my neck seems to flare up
Cold hands and cold feet
I get chilled easily
on the first day of my period I dump a ton of blood and feel like crud then it tapers off less and less the next days

The doctor ran my bloodtest and these are the results she said I was slightly hypo and may benefit from thyroid meds.

my results were

t3 free 3.5
free t4 1.09
tsh 4.39

I do not know what the antibodies test is or if they did that on me so I cannot answer unless someone tells me what to look for on these results what it would be called.

I am not sure what to do , am I severe hypothyroid? why am I skinny and hypos are usually heavy

can anyone please help,

oh and I am craving fat and protien like crazy it seems like I am constantly hungry but I do not gain any weight?????

Thank you ahead!

Old 08-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
(male)

Helopilot52 HB User
Re: Scared of Doctors please help thyroid low fever

Hello Cassandra36, Iím Helopilot52 from Federal Way, Washington. I was just reading your post. I was dx by my doctor last Friday with HypoT. Iím not sure I have any real answers for you but I wanted to say hello and tell you I understand a bit of what your going through. (please see my post). I am Hypo, but am not over weight - 170# and 6í1Ē tall. I also crave the same kind of food you do. I have had a litney of physical issues as a result of the HypoT. The Doc should check to see if there are any antibodies. Antibodies are when your body attacks itís self.

Hope to hear from you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2008, 09:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Scared of Doctors please help thyroid low fever

It's a misconception that all hypos are overweight. No hypothyroid person gets every single symptom that hypoT can cause. Overweight is only one of them.

Take the medicine, Cassandra. Why would you choose to live with that laundry list of symptoms when they could be eliminated just by taking one little pill a day? It doesn't matter how "severe" your hypoT is. The fact is, it will get much worse if you do nothing. If it's bad now, why wait to let it get "severe"?

If you could put into words what it is you're "scared" of, maybe we can set your mind more at ease.

Closed Thread