It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 AM   #1
(female)

RMB HB User
Smile How long to wait?

Hi all...
I have a question about how long to wait for follow up bloodwork. I want to be informed before I call the doctor for bloodwork.

I have been on levothyroxine 4 weeks as of today. I had a PT about 3 months ago. My post surgery TSH was 6.8 and was put on the levo. I started to feel much improved as far as getting rid of my hypo symptoms but in the last week or so I am noticing that I am starting to feel run down again. One other thing that I have really noticed is my toes/feet are really cold.

So my question is it possible to get accurate lab results at 4 weeks? Or should I wait until the suggested 6 week appointment?

Thanks for any advice! It is so nice to have this board as a resource....
Rhonda

Old 08-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User
Cool Re: How long to wait?

6-8 weeks between blood draws/Doctor visits is standard while leveling thy meds. (if your getting close to optimized, they MIGHT let it go a little longer) I would definetly get a lab slip & ask when Doctor was going to do a follow-up visit

Basically, your body has gotten used to this dose & its not ENOUGH that is why symptoms are creeping back

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
(female)

RMB HB User
Smile Re: How long to wait?

Thanks for the info. I think I was going to have blood drawn at 8 weeks after starting the levo. Since I am feeling ishy again I am going to call tomorrow as I don't want to feel as poorly as I did prior to my post op visit.

I want to stay ahead of the game at this point as I go back to work at the end of next week with workshops.

Thanks again...
Rhonda

Closed Thread