It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
(female)

kittencrazed HB User
Tachycardia?

I was on levothyroxine for years, until about two weeks ago when I started to take thyrolar instead. I had heard that the extra T3 makes a positive difference! But yesterday I visited the doctor and she told me that my blood pressure was high. I also had tachycardia, and my BPM was around 130. She immediately sent me to the lab for some bloodwork and put me back on the old medication.

I know this is a new thing, because I frequently check my blood pressure out of the office.

Has anybody else developed tachycardia because they were on a new medication, or because they were taking too much?

Is this something that being on the old medication will fix without causing any long lasting problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Tachycardia?

It's possible your body would have adapted to the T3 in time, and all would have been well. But if you were feeling good on the levoT, why the switch?

T3 is a definite heart stimulant, too much for some folks, no effect at all for others. There should be no lasting harm at all from your experiment, though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
(female)

kittencrazed HB User
Re: Tachycardia?

I decided to try the switch because I was not feeling my best after being on levothyroxine for almost 7 years. I have been very tired, and unusually sad. I am also still having a problem with hair loss, it's not getting worse, but it never really improved after I started the medication.

I have started taking evening primrose oil, because I have heard that can help hypothyroid patients with hair growth. I have also heard quite a lot that people have better results with a combination medication like thyrolar or armour. It was probably a shot in the dark, but I am really willing to try anything.

Thank you for the advice though, it's very hard to decipher things right now on my own, as I am only seeing a primary care physician who doesn't seem to know too much about the details. I made an appointment with an endocrinologist two weeks from now. Hopefully that will help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
It's possible your body would have adapted to the T3 in time, and all would have been well. But if you were feeling good on the levoT, why the switch?

T3 is a definite heart stimulant, too much for some folks, no effect at all for others. There should be no lasting harm at all from your experiment, though.

Closed Thread