It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
(female)

Lesa45 HB User
Need Some advice ...Feeling bad Please help!

Hey everyone, In April I was Dx as hypo/hashi. Dr put me on 50 mcg Synthroid. July 23rd my TSH was .03 and my FreeT4 was 1.7. I called last week and Dr was on vacation. I have an appointment this coming Thursday with and Endo. In the meantime should I stop my 50 Synthroid or cut them in half? If I cut them in half and drop to 25 per day will I feel better quickly? My heart feels poundy and my breath is short. Terrible headache and sooooo weak. Would it make me crash if I stopped cold turkey? Any advice would be appreciated.. Thank You , Lesa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User
Re: Need Some advice ...Feeling bad Please help!

Hi,
How long is your dr on vacation for?? Is there an assistant or anyone taking his place or even another dr in his office that could help you? I know I think I am going thru some of the same issues at the moment. I had a med increase though and not feeling very well with it..... Maybe you could try cutting your med's in half and doing that for a bit and see?? I would maybe contact his office again and really STRESS that you are feeling badly and need to know which way to go without having to wait until doc returns from his nice vacation!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
(female)

arizo01 HB User
Re: Need Some advice ...Feeling bad Please help!

I'm also in a same situation. When I was first diagnosed with hypo my doctor put me in levoxyl 25mg and a month and a half later increased it to 50mg and then my endocrinologist at the time of my fna increased it to 88mg, now I'm feeling palpitations and short of breathness too!!! I told him yesterday and they sent for bloodwork to see if I'm taking too much, my concern is that I'm having surgery sept the 2nd and I want this to go away!! I was feeling fine with 50mg! I hope they reduced the amount when my lab work is back!!

Closed Thread