It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User
New Med Increase New Symptoms.. Questions??? Please HELP??!

I was on 112mcg of levo and 15mg of armour. My TSH was still around 7 with that dose and free T4 was at 1.0 and not sure what FT3 was at. They didn't test..

SO my endo bumped me up to 125mcg of levo but didn't say weather to still take the armour so basically I have still been taking the 15mg's of armour in the afternoon as well....

Now the past 2 days I have the tightness in chest again, hard to breath, BAD aches in my arms (that had went away), lethargy, headaches, dizziness..... SOme other stuff but those are my main concerns.

Now does anyone know or think maybe I am getting to much hormone now??? Uggg..... SOOoooooo frustrating this is. Or should I stick with it and see how I feel next week?? This is my 2nd week with this dose.
Helpppp.... I feel I am sinking FAST!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User
Re: New Med Increase New Symptoms.. Questions??? Please HELP??!

Oops.. Forgot to add that also my ferritin is STILL low!! It has moved up a tad but still quite low. It is now at 15!! Lol.. But what I am not understanding is if my other iron levels are coming in actually quite good but the ferritin is real low should I still take the iron supplements? Is there a chance with me taking the supplements still that my other iron levels will rise to high and then something else could go wrong??? Or is it ok since my ferritin level is still so low???

I was taking the iron at night but stopped becuase I was not sure if I was doing the right thing. Of course my dr says I am "normal" and nothing wrong in that dept. hahaa....

I am wondering if that is causing my breathlessness feelings and the achy joints also! Hummm......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2008, 05:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User
Cool Re: New Med Increase New Symptoms.. Questions??? Please HELP??!

Quote:
I was on 112mcg of levo and 15mg of armour. My TSH was still around 7 with that dose and free T4 was at 1.0 and not sure what FT3 was at. They didn't test..

SO my endo bumped me up to 125mcg of levo but didn't say weather to still take the armour
If your TSH was 7 and T4's at 1.0 (my lab =.8-1.8) there is no way that 12.5 more of levo is overmedicating you. I'd continue with both medications.

My unmedical opinion, your body is getting used to MORE medicine.

It is my understanding it can take some months to build Ferritin up in our systems My ferritin was 33 & NursePractitioner told me to take PREnatal vitamins. I've only been on those 2 weeks, so I cannot tell you how my process is going

Old 08-16-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User

Ok.. Yea I didn't even think that it might just be my system getting used to the added meds.. I will stick with what I am on for now and see how I feel in a couple more weeks!!

Yea I got my daughter some multi-vitamins becuase her ferritin was also quite low and her B12 was REALLY low!! And the real kicker with that is her dr didn't even MENTION that she was low in those areas. Ugggg..... So I just bought her a OTC multi-vitamin for now...
So, any who I will take some of her multi-vitamins for now as it has iron in it also. And see how that goes also.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User

Doctor told me my yearly labs were NORMAL (w/ ferritin at 33) - later *I* asked the NursePrac about ferritin & she told me that THEY usually treat ferritin below 50 but the Doc just glazed over it

*SHE* was one who mentioned PREnatal

Old 08-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User

Sheesh.. Some of these dr's are amazing. Lol... Humm.. I might try some prenatal vitmains and see how I feel with them.

Do you see a doc out in your area? I go to Loma Linda for mine. He is a good dr excpet sometimes he does some strange things I guess... And this last time I went to see him he didn't even give me a new lab slip to do new labs in 6 weeks... He just told me my PCP doc could send me for new bloodwork. Urmmm. Nooooo.. My PCP is NOT going to send me for labs every 6 weeks when he isn't even the one that is treating my thyroid stuff. Uggg... So I have to call him back next month and tell nurse to have dr send me lab slip. And he didn't give me a return appt either.

I am thinking about going to a D.O. here in town that a friend of mine has told me about. She went to him for some pancreas (sp?) issues and said she felt better after seeing him. So maybe I will try that route next. I dunno!

Old 08-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suey77 View Post
Doctor told me my yearly labs were NORMAL (w/ ferritin at 33) - later *I* asked the NursePrac about ferritin & she told me that THEY usually treat ferritin below 50 but the Doc just glazed over it

*SHE* was one who mentioned PREnatal
Above mentioned Doctor *is* a D.O. = Dr of Osteopathic Med

I'm going back to an internal med Dr that I saw some years ago. If she won't OPTIMIZE me with Armour (ON IT, just UNDERmedicated on 2 grains) Then I'll go to Doc in my town who prescribes Armour, but my out of pock will be 50/50.

Yes, all the Doctors I see are in my town or surrounding area. I would think that Redlands, LomaLinda would be a mecca for Drs

Old 08-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User

With the insurance I have I am very limited to the dr's I can see. I lost my job due to "illness" and had to go on public assistance medical. I HATE it. I want my life back sooo badly... I had a good job and actually was right in the middle of changing jobs. So I lost my insurance. I have MAJOR stomach issues as well and the closest Gastro dr I could see with my medical group and my insurance is all the way in RIVERSIDE!!! And like in the far end of Riverside almost Corona.. CRAZY. LOL

Closed Thread