It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
(male)

mudkme83 HB User
Armour dosage help me !!!!!

I started on 15 Micrograms of armour about 4 weeks ago. Then I started taking an extra dose at night. But on the 15MG agt the 4 week mark maybee even a little sooner. It just felt like it stopped working. My anxiety got worse eyes all dryed up and started twitching again. Has not gotten better even with the 30mG. What do I do? Doctor put me on 5 mg lexapro for anxiety. Helps aliite but doent feel natural. I dont like taking the antideppresnt it feels like im weird on them. Ive tried numerous ones. All the same. It does help a lttle with the anxirty though. But do you think most my issues are thyroid realted. Just dosed wrong? Please help!! So frustrated!!!

Intial low thytoid test 6.6 TSH

Old 08-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Armour dosage help me !!!!!

You aren't dosed wrong. It's just too soon to expect scads of improvement. You don't seem to understand a lot about what's wrong with you or how to fix it, so here are some of the basics.

Thyroid hormone doesn't fix hypothyroidism instantly, the way aspirin fixes a headache. You have been given a teensy dose to start out with. You will take it for several weeks, it will accumulate a little bit in your system, you will return for another blood test, you will be given a dose increase. This will go on for several months until your MD is happy with your TSH. [This is where it can get hairy, if you don't feel the way your MD thinks you ought to. But we'll tackle that if it happens.] If - between dose increases - you feel symptoms returning, as Suey told you in your other thread, it's a signal you need more hormone.

Somewhere along this journey, you'll start experiencing a lessening of symptoms. But they won't be gone for a long time. It took me a full year for my symptoms to disappear. Everyone is different, but it takes some amount of time for everyone... a lot more than 4 weeks.

You would learn a lot more than I can write here if you get a copy of Thyroid for Dummies from your library or bookstore. It's a very helpful resource for newbies to thyroid treatment.

If you think the anti-anxiety drugs are helping, you could keep taking them. But if you don't think so, consider telling your MD you don't want them anymore. A TSH of nearly 7 is high enough to cause high anxiety, and that should markedly improve once your blood levels of thyroid hormone are high enough for you.

Pardon my saying so... This thread title sounds sort of demanding. Not a very polite way to ask a question that you basically asked and had answered a few days ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
(male)

mudkme83 HB User
Re: Armour dosage help me !!!!!

Hey thanks. Ya just kinda flipin out on this. As Im sure a lot of you have had happen as well.

Closed Thread