It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

icequeen66 HB User
Can someone help me decipher this?

I'm trying to make sense of my labs. I'm medicated for hypo (90 mg Armour 1x a day) but I still suffer horrible symptoms.

I've done lots of reading on Adrenal fatigue and flunk every test I've found miserably (pupil test, blood pressure, etc.) I don't quite understand the cortisol connection... it's all very overwhelming.

At any rate, I'm wondering how "normal" my numbers are. My original physician stated he didn't treat numbers, but treated symptoms and my symptoms improved with the armour, but I've never escaped all of them. Unfortunately, he moved away and I'm left with the only doc I can find that prescribes natural thyroid and she treats to numbers.

Here are what my labs were:

T-4, Free - 1.1 Reference Range: 0.8-1.8 ng/dL
TSH, 3rd Gen - 0.54 Reference range: 0.40-4.50
T-3, Free - 319 Reference range 230-420 pg/dL

At any rate.... I can't sleep without tylenol PM, I never stay asleep. My hair is still falling out, I can't lose weight for the life of me. I eat very clean, and exercise and gain weight. I also feel very sick after exercising.

Last edited by icequeen66; 08-18-2008 at 10:31 AM.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User
Cool Re: Can someone help me decipher this?

Hi icequeeen Welcome (ALASKA, icequeen <<~ LOL!!)

Sometimes people do better on ARMOUR multi-dosing (morn & early afternoon say). Have you tried that?

My motto is, if you're still having symptoms - there's a prob , ,
To me, your T4's are still low, not even mid-range. I'd want to work on those. How we feel should be more important than &^%$#@ numbers. Are you in an area where getting another Doc is possible?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Deb123 HB User
Re: Can someone help me decipher this?

I "second" what Suey77 told you, good advice. Find someone to test your adrenals, if you failed the pupil and blood pressure than you have weak adrenals and if you don't treat them as well as your thyroid you will never feel better.

Deb

Closed Thread