It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mauz HB Usermauz HB Usermauz HB User
changing meds

Hi Liz,

let me know if you found my new thread.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User
Re: changing meds

I found the new thread - just at a good time I would say. I am feeling yucky as usual today - trying to stay mentally "up" though. Going to try the 30 this afternoon - although I think my heart is still racy - I have a feeling this is not going to work for me - hate that - but feel I need to call her Thursday and see what's next. What do you think?

Liz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz,
I kind of knew that it wouldn't work Naturthroid is the same as Armour.
I think until your adrenals are better you need to try a slow release T3 with a little of T4
Levoxy or Levothyroxine since you didn't like the Synthroid.
Did you feel better with the Synthroid Cytomel combo or with the Naturthroid ?
I think you didn't had so many problems before the Naturthyroid at least you went out and you didn't feel so bad.
Call her on Thursday and ask for a change in meds.

hang in there you will be fine , just have to keep trying.

take care
Pia

Old 08-19-2008, 09:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Hi,

I am just giving it one more try at 60 and 30 for a few days and I don't know if I will try the 60 and 60 or not. I might - but it is probably too much. The Synthroid and Cytomel was OK for a while - and I had a couple of good weeks. But at 75 mcg I could hardly take much Cytomel and it was a thin line between if I felt good or bad. When I decreased to 50 mcg and 5 Cytomel I was OK for a while then crashed again. That is when I agreed to try with the woman doctor and Naturthroid. I doubt it will work - but want to try to do exactly what she said for only a little while longer...then have to call her.

Thanks for your support - I have about had it and I still go out every day and do things - but never, ever feel good. Still a bit better at night though - that has always been - not good - but some better. Makes me not want to go to bed. It is only two weeks today since I even took one of the Naturtroid tabs - hard to believe. Seems so long...every dose of every kind does.

Talk soon,
Liz

Old 08-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Hi Pia,

Nothing new this morning. I wake up every morning - even before the medication change to Naturthoid with my heart beating kind fast. Almost like a panic attack - I think I realize that I am still like this after all this time and it flips me out. Or it could be meds or hormone mood swings - who in the heck knows at this time. Interesting, yesterday after I took the 30 in the afternoon, my pulse seemed to slow down. It usually does in the evening, but it was around 3:30. I don't know what that means really. But this morning it was the same. One huge problem is negative thinking and I have to fight that 24/7 - I know you can understand that. Once you start with the negative thinking - it takes over and ruins everything. I am trying to fight it and get dressed every day and go out somewhere - church, lunch, anywhere I can to get out. Then I calm down some.

That's the latest....going to just give this a few more days - then call her to ask if I should try 60 and 60 or what's next. Will keep you posted.

Are you feeling well these days? When do you go back to doctor?

Liz

Old 08-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Liz,
Give it a few more days and see how you feel.
I am doing ok not 100% I have to go for labs again today and I see her on Tuesday.
I will be gone until Sunday I am visiting some of my friends in Florida, so don't worry if you don't hear from me. I will be checking emails again on Monday.

take care
Pia

Old 08-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Hi Pia,

Yes, I am going to give it a try to see and I can tell her accurately that I tried what she said. Have a good trip to Florida- hope there aren't storms. Have a lot of in-laws and family in Florida so always have someone in path of some storm. Glad you told me as I would wonder why I didn't hear from you. Glad you are better - any percent better is better, I would say these days. I went to church, errands, lunch and got my nails done- just forcing myself.

Have a safe trip - when do you leave?
Liz

Old 08-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I leave tomorrow morning and come back on Sunday.
take care and hang in there.

Pia

Old 08-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Hi Pia,

Forgot to say - I am so proud of you that you are able to go on a trip. That is a big step forward after all you have been through. I am nowhere near that - am happy just to go out of the house around town. Good for you!!!!!!!!! Big step forward for sure that you feel well enough to do that. I long for the day that I will.

Have fun,
Liz

Old 08-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Liz,

I got back today and I was wondering how are you feeling ?
I hope the Naturthroid is working a little better for you.
I have to see my doctor on Tuesday so I will let you know.

talk to you soon
Pia

Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Hi Pia,

Hope you had a good trip. I increased to 60 and 60 on Thursday and did feel a bit better. It didn't seem to increase my heart rate in the afternoon when I took the second 60 and I felt a bit better. I still am waking up with the panic attack type thing. Sometimes I have to take a half a xanax to kinda calm down. Same as before I took this medicine though - so it isn't necessarily from that for sure. Last night my heart rate seemed a bit faster about 5 hours after I took the second 60. but I am feeling so anxious so much of the time - I never know. I want to try it a while longer before reporting to the doctor. I don't know how long it takes to settle in your system and really know anything. I had a pretty nice week-end. The anxiety and depression come and go...I think if I ever felt the same for a period of time and could trust it - I would calm down.

Let me know about the doctor - how did you do on the trip? Hope you felt good.

Liz

Old 08-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

I did ok on the trip it rained all the time but it was good to see my friends again.
I am glad you are feeling better I will let you know about my doctors visit.

take care
Pia

Old 08-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Pia,

I was wondering if it rained as they were having so much in Florida during the storm. Always good to see friends, though. Yes, let me know how you appointment goes. Right now I have one of my bad headaches - probably from stress. Yesterday I didn't feel bad. I don't want to report to my lady doctor until I give the 60 60 a little more time to see how I really feel.

Talk soon,
Liz

Old 08-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Liz,
How are you feeling ?
I went to the doctor today and I still need to take the same dose no change numbers look good, I do have low Vitamin D so I have to start taking pills.
I hope you are feeling a little bit better.
Yes it rained all weekend in Florida but I still had a good time with my friends, I bought a house and I am moving back next week. I haven't told you but I am in the middle of a bad divorce , my husband cheated on me and run off with another women leaving me with 7 animals so it has been a very hard time for me that is why I haven't been writing a lot. I have been devastated by this and I had no idea this was going on.
I have to keep all my strength to take care of my animals it has been the worst time of my life but I do have wonderful friends in Florida who help me through this nightmare.
My husband is still living with me in the same house he comes and goes and he will take over the AZ house and I will be leaving for Florida.
take care

good night
Pia

Last edited by mauz; 08-26-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liz1900 HB User

Pia,

Oh, my - how terrible - I am so, so sorry. So you are moving next week? What part of Florida? Thank God that your health is somewhat better - but this is so stressful that it couldn't have helped any. I feel so bad telling you all my problems with you going through this. I hope that when you get settled we will be able to keep in touch as we have. What about your doctors? Guess you will have to start over - but now that you seem to have this somewhat under control anyway - at least you don't feel so bad. When did you find all of this out? Oh, my - my heart goes out to you so much.....so much. I could cry for you.

Please let me know how things are going as you get settled in Florida and we can get back in touch - thank God for your good friends. And thank God that you are feeling some better.

Thinking of you - and please let me know when you are moving and when we can get back in touch. Will you be staying with friends until your house is ready - or can you move right in?

Liz

Closed Thread