It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

cutejenny77 HB User
Feeling "buring" inside, but tested body temp is normal?

Hi, everyone

At some times, I feel burning inside my body/through the blood veins, I thought that I had a fever. But the tested temperature is in the normal range. Does anyone know why that is. Is it related to the thyroid dysfunction/adhernal dysfunction or other hormone defficiency exactly?

Thanks.

Last edited by cutejenny77; 08-19-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
(female)

hawaiidreamergu HB User
Re: Feeling "buring" inside, but tested body temp is normal?

Sorry I can't really help any, but I get this feeling too. I'll feel really hot, like I'm about to start sweating, and if I don't cool off really soon I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack. But my skin always feels normal to other people, and my temp is in my normal range. The only physical difference I notice is that my hands and feet are actually the same temp as the rest of my body (I have Raynaud's phenomenon, and poor circulation, so they are perpetually slightly cool to freezing).

The only real hormone imbalance that I have is Hashimoto's, but I also have Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia. Don't know if this helps you figure out anything, but thought I would throw in my 2 cents. Let me know if you find something out. I've been curious about this for a while, and no doctor has really been of any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #3
(female)

cutejenny77 HB User

Hi, hawaii dreamer gu,

Did you observe when you had this feeling?

Personally I strongly suspect that has something to do with the menstrual period--I meant some days before or after menstrual period. So I assume that is related to sex hormone level

I don't have the Fibromyalgia but chronic fatigue(caused by Hypothyroidism, right?) and usually have another symptom that I feel my jaw is clenching, I mean the upper and lower jaw are stiff. I could not identify it , nor its cause. Did you have the same feeling?

Last edited by cutejenny77; 08-19-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
(female)

Mafalde HB User

I get the same burning feeling. It runs through my body right under my skin. It also feels like fire ants or blood boiling and it is frightening to me. My temperature is normal also. I have Hashimoto's but I think I fluctuate into hyper at times.

My TSH has gone from .09 to 29. I am due for another blood test in September to see if I have gone back to normal. But what is normal for me? In reading a lot of the posts, what is normal on the blood test may still be making us feel bad. I am so confused and tired of feeling like I am having a nervous breakdown.

Hope you are feeling better.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 AM   #5
(female)

cutejenny77 HB User

Mafalde, why did you feel you are hyper, your TSH is high...that means your hormone level is low.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
(female)

Mafalde HB User

I feel hyper because I get the burning sensations, don't want to eat, have lost weight, shaky legs, high anxiety and I am hot all the time. When my TSH was 29 I felt better. I know - it makes no sense. My level got so high because I quit taking my Levothyroxine because I was having so much anxiety. My doctor called and said to get back on the meds and I need to retest in September. I don't know what to do anymore - I can't keep going on like this. My symptoms lessen by evening and I feel okay by the time I go to bed, but I wake up with the burning sensation under my skin and the anxiety overwhelms me.

I feel that my thyroid is fluctuating - is that possible? And if that is the case, why is it doing that?

Old 08-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #7
(female)

rexcatz HB User

You know what yall, it sounds like hot flashes to me. I had them starting when I turned 50 and they are brutal. They feel different from just being hot or running a fever, you feel like you're catching fire from the inside out. I was having 20 a day and I was miserable so I took Premarin for a few years. Then I tried not taking it and it seemed like they'd gone away. During all this time I was undiagnosed hyperthyroid. I had a storm in February and then afterwards I was freezing cold all the time for months. Just before I had the RAI the end of June the hot flashes came back. Not as many as before, but even one is no fun. I have an appointment with the endo next week and I'm going to ask about them. I don't know if they're thyroid related or just plain old estrogen related. Either way, I'm over hot flashes and want them to go away and stay away.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:49 AM   #8
(female)

Mafalde HB User

I know what you mean about the hot flashes - they are brutal. I am finally over menopause but still get hot flashes occasionally.

The burning sensations under the skin feels different - it is like a flash of intense fear and you skin feels like there are fire ants underneath. It leaves me shaky and full of anxiety. I usually get them the minute I open my eyes in the morning.

One of the other members on the board wrote in about estrogen dominance and the use of progesterone cream to balance the hormones (no matter what our age). I started using the cream again and feel better.

All I know is that the constant roller coaster of anxiety and other unpleasant physical ailments is not fun.

Hope you endo can help you feel better.

Closed Thread