It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User
Overdue update on me--starting Armour!!

I had my first trip back to the endo since my first appt. in March, after my total thyroidectomy in January(was that confusing, or what!?). In March, my TSH was 5. I bumped up to Synthroid 100. In June I had a whole bunch of other labwork, so asked that doctor to check my TSH and free Ts. In June I bumped up to Synthroid 112:

TSH(.3-5.5) Free T4(.61-1.76) Total T3(85-205)

March 5.0

June 0.549 1.24 141 (not on hormones)

August 0.03

In July I switched to Unithroid 112, stomach felt less bloated and tense, but then ended up constipated and could tell I needed to bump up. So, I stayed at 112, but added in about 1/4 grain of synthetic t4/t3 I had since 2 years ago. It helped with the constipation and a little more energy. Yesterday, my np agreed to let me switch to 1 1/2 gr. Armour and see how it goes, EVEN WITH A TSH OF 0.03! I'm so glad--even though they didn't check any of the frees, he was willing to let me try it. I have six weeks, and then more labwork. Then, we'll see what a continued low TSH means for my treatment. Overall, I don't feel any different with a TSH at 5.0 or 0.03! Anyone else like that??? A couple of years ago I had a TSH at 15 and didn't feel any differnet then! I know it's the frees that really matter, but I can't imagine they stay the same all the time with such a fluctuating TSH.

So, I'm glad the low TSH didn't let my np stop from letting me try the Armour.

Even though I am still "summer intolerant", it seems the lower my TSH goes, the more even temperature bodywise I am. In other words, I just went a week with keeping my a/c at 78-80 all day(in Louisiana!), where all the other summers I would be putting it to 74-75 by 10 a.m., and then sweating in the afternoon! So, just don't understand all this mess....

I was hoping I would be able to have a fairy tale ending by now after my TT for Hashimoto's, and be able to tell everyone how I did it, but I am still having my other issue of being orthostatic intolerant. I don't think it is related to my thyroid issue, but who knows. So anyway, even without the fairy tale ending, I thought I would write ya'll my progress(or lack of it!).

Last edited by sue1234; 08-20-2008 at 12:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread