It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
(male)

tootal2 HB User
My doctor is leaving:(:(

My doctor is leaving because of family problems. Her last day will be 9-11 Now i have to find a new doctor

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User
Re: My doctor is leaving:(:(

i'm sorry, that stinks. it's hard to find a good doctor. is she/he referring patients to someone else, someone perhaps she trusts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #3
(male)

tootal2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot View Post
i'm sorry, that stinks. it's hard to find a good doctor. is she/he referring patients to someone else, someone perhaps she trusts?
Yep theres another doctor in the office i will be seeing. But the doctor that is leaving has low thyroid to. so she know how to treat me. The other doctor might think tsh of 4 is fine.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post
Yep theres another doctor in the office i will be seeing. But the doctor that is leaving has low thyroid to. so she know how to treat me. The other doctor might think tsh of 4 is fine.
before she leaves, talk to your current doctor about your concern for your future treatment with the other doctor in the office. you have time before 9/11 to at least discuss your justifiable worries over the phone with her if not in person, and to make sure the new doc is aware of your condition and feelings.

Last edited by scoot; 08-21-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
(male)

tootal2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot View Post
before she leaves, talk to your current doctor about your concern for your future treatment with the other doctor in the office. you have time before 9/11 to at least discuss your justifiable worries over the phone with her if not in person, and to make sure the new doc is aware of your condition and feelings.

The other doctor will get all my medical records. I seen the other doctor one time. He is the male doctor in the office. Im going to miss her. Best doctor i ever been to

why am i the only male on this board?

Old 08-25-2008, 06:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User

I'm sorry to hear that - - Having a Doctor who's hypo would be SUCH a benefit

Personally I'd have current Doctor have a l-o-o-n-g-g chat with one who's taking over, what levels work best for YOU the patient etc. Also get other Doc suggestions for incase the new one is a snoozer/loser

Have you ever used one of those Find a Doctor things??? I'm about to go to my 6th Dr in less than 3 years. Though I've known about him for a couple years, I didn't make the appointment until I saw the RAVES about him online

Closed Thread