It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Lori123 HB User
Good news so far

I posted this under my old post, but am going to repost here..........
Good news.................the endo's office called and she said that they were not concerned about the lymph nodes, that it falls within the "normal range", although 'upper' end. The nodes on the report were actually "unremarkable". They obviously see different characteristics of a suspicious looking node, besides size. Yes!!!! I LOVE unremarkable. I do have to see an ENT about the swelling and fullness in the submandibular salivary glands, although the radiologist said it is permanent damage from the RA-I. We'll see. I am HAPPY ONCE AGAIN!!! Need to chill out about the cancer stuff....not everything is going to be cancer, right??? Of course, once you've had in in that same area, it will always be a concern for me...I do wonder if he will order another ultrasound when I see him in Dec, to see if they are gone, if they grew, etc. I will obviously have to ask about that in Dec, because the MA said nothing about follow up.
Thanks again, sorry for my panic, it is good to know where to come for reassurances.
Lori

Old 08-22-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Good news so far

That's great news!!! Put it out of your mind, and enjoy the rest of the summer!

My endo. does an ultrasound in his office every four to five months, he really just checks the thyroid bed. He believes there would be a spike in the thyroglobulin months before anything could be seen or felt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User

Oh that is great news!! Glad to hear something positive every now n then..

And I agree, enjoy the rest of the summer and your sons accomplishments! That is a awesome win for you and your son!!!! Congrats.

P.S. I know how it feels when our kids achieve something they have been striving for!! My son made the Varsity football team for his high school and he is only a sophmore this year!!! So very exciting it is... Enjoy it!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Lori123 HB User

Hi Reece and KatKatdd,
Thanks so much for your replies. I am so relieved!! I saw the ENT today, and he said he is not concerned either, that I have been through a major surgery and it takes a LONG SLOW time for everything to look and feel normal, again. Plus, the RA-I messes with things... I wish they could put a needle in my throat and "drain" that full swollen feeling. My sal. glands are def. enlarged, but the ENT said he doesn't necessarily agree with the radiologist, and thinks things could settle down. THAT would be nice. Good to know, Reece, that your endo feels the TG would spike first, all was good with me at the 6 month ckup in April. Thanks for your kindness and response...I will enjoy the rest of summer and the same to you, too!! KatKatdd, thanks so much for your kind words, too, esp. when you said I have been strong throughout all this, sometimes, I have felt weak and insecure, but I am feeling more comfortable, again. Thanks, too about my son. This time last year, I was diagnosed, going thru surgery, etc. and all three of my boys were in sports, My two oldest were in soccer and my youngest football, and all the choas of my stuff.....this year, life has slowed down. My oldest graduated, my middle son will play, and my youngest won't be cleared due to a head injury. BUT BOY WILL I ENJOY THOSE SOCCER GAMES THIS SEASON!!!!!!!!!! Will seem odd with only one in a sport!!!
Congrats to you and your son, making varsity football as a sophmore, that says a lot about his talent and skills. Awesome!!!! My kids go to a large school, so I am so relieved when they make their sports, it's nerve wracking!!! My youngest went out last year for 7th grade basketball and there were 94 kids trying out, and 2 teams of 14 make it, now that's ROUGH!!!! So far so good...thank you both again for being there for me, I do appreciate it!!
Lori

Old 08-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
(female)

rexcatz HB User

Great news! I know you're relieved. Enjoy the rest of the summer with your boys and don't worry about anything.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Lori123 HB User

Thanks again Rexcatz, I appreciate it, I AM SO relieved!!!! You seem to be doing well, also. Let's hope that continues for both of us! Enjoy your summer, too.
Thanks,
Lori

Closed Thread