It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
(male)

Steve85q HB User
Do I have a Thyroid Disorder?

Hello let me introduce myself I'm a 23 year old male from Holland.

Can you tell if I may have a thyroid disorder?

The last couple of years I have noticed some changes in my appearance, I've put on 25 pounds in the last couple of years and the area around my eyes is of an orangy color and it seems like my eyelids have swollen a little. Also for about 5 years my outer parts of my eyebrows are very thin and the hair on my head has gotten thinner It is especially noticable when I part my hair, the hair in the front is also very thin, this ofcourse can be male pattern baldness.

Psychologically I'm less interested in stuff I liked to do also I don't experience the emotion of joy as much as I used to. In social situations I tend to be more nervous to the point my hands are actually shaking (they don't when I'm normal so to speak). I'm also easily irritated by minor things. When I'm trying to fall asleep I always wake a couple of times in shock because it seems like my breath or heart has stopped for a moment or at least it feels like it (don't know if it actually happens or that my brain thinks it's happening).

Edit: I'm not allowed to post pictures of my eyes here (don't know why).

Last edited by Steve85q; 08-22-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures for any reason - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User
Re: Do I have a Thyroid Disorder?

Hi Steve

your symptoms could be thyroid-related, but it's hard to say for sure. can you go to your doctor and request the typical thyroid blood tests? the usual tests that are used to determine thyroid function is TSH, Free T3, and Free T4. i'd guess those are fairly universal terms.

facial puffiness, loss of hair especially on the outer brows, depression, irritation, nerves, sleep disorders, are certainly all within the realm of thyroid symptoms.

i hope you can check it out with your doctor and get your blood tested.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread