It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
(female)

ashfox2005 HB User
Angry **Can you believe what my doctor told me???!!!!!! Endo

I saw my endo today... new dr. may i say.. he was rediculous.. he wouldnt shut up to even tell him what was going on!! I was telling him about the fatigue being cold all the time no energy and something else.. and he interruped me again asking if my back hurt.. yes.. ive seen a chiropractor about it i have a small curve in back... if my bladder was ok.. no.. i have incontence ever since my dnc from a molar pregnancy... and then he said he thinks i have fibromyalgia... where did that come from???? I dont have chronic pain.. and then he still hasnt got levels from his test this morning on levels i had brought from previous dr.s which are normal-low.. he said no you dont have a hormone -thyroid problem..then tells me i have a goiter thing in my neck.. but my symptoms arent coming from my thyroid.. its something else.. he made me so mad i cried..and then he had the balls EXCUSE MY LANG>> to tell me i needed to find a different psychiatrist.. becuase im bipolar.,.or so they say but im never manic.. so who knows.. but give me a break!! Who do these drs think they are??? So now i have to have an ultrasound on my thyroid..

and i have been having tachycardia and pvc's here lately last month or so.. he told me to stop smoking.. he said its a stimulant.. no duh.. cokes are too ?? Ive smoked for 3 years.. never had em before..

Can a goiter causes problems?? are they related to your thyroid?? This dr. through me for a loop... i will not be seeing him again.. he didnt even let me get to tell him half the things that had been goin on like.. my body temp always low, my hair is falling out, i keep getting infections in my eyes.. nothing.. im soo angry..

Thanks for letting me vent... any suggestions from anyone ?? Thanks Ashley

Last edited by ashfox2005; 08-26-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User
Re: **Can you believe what my doctor told me???!!!!!! Endo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashfox2005 View Post

Can a goiter causes problems?? are they related to your thyroid?? This dr. through me for a loop... i will not be seeing him again.. he didnt even let me get to tell him half the things that had been goin on like.. my body temp always low, my hair is falling out, i keep getting infections in my eyes.. nothing.. im soo angry..
The goiter in effect 'is' your thyroid! Its lots of growths on your thyroid creating a mass.

Total Thyroidectomy Oct 06 due to Massive Multi Nodular Goiter and Hashi
Adrenal Fatigue
180mg NTH
28mg HC
2 x Caltrate

Rach xxxx

Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User

i'm telling ya, just the title of your post got me chuckling. it's so typical -these docs saying stupid things to us and not listening.

find another doctor, and keep looking until you find the right one for you.

i'm not too familiar with goiters. i thought they existed due to being hypothyroid but i could be wrong. someone else here would know. an ultrasound is a good idea.

tachycardia can be from being hypo, as well as your other symptoms and previous bloodwork. find another doc. don't go back to that idiot.

Last edited by scoot; 08-26-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
(female)

ashfox2005 HB User

Scoot.. Thanks i will never be seeing that quack again.

Tygwyn- So the goiter is actually my thryoid.. just enlarged? are these growth bad.. or does any of it mean anything at all??? Just concerened i cant find much on the net..

Thanks
Ashley

Old 08-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashfox2005 View Post

Tygwyn- So the goiter is actually my thryoid.. just enlarged? are these growth bad.. or does any of it mean anything at all??? Just concerened i cant find much on the net..
Yep the goiter is an enlarged thyroid. They can be bad, but about 99% of the time they arent (not sure of the exact percentage but its high anyway). You should however have it biopsied (fine needle aspiration) dependent upon its size.

Adrenal Fatigue
180mg NTH
28mg HC
2 x Caltrate

Rach xxxx

Last edited by tygwyn; 08-26-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
(female)

ashfox2005 HB User

ok thanks.. you cant see it from looking at me .. doc felt it.. when he felt like he was choking me!!! Hope its nothing..thats kinda scary

Old 08-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Seems to be a lot of confusion here as to what a goiter is.
It's just a swollen thyroid gland. And that's different than a "nodule", which is a growth upon the thyroid gland... either a swollen or a normal-sized gland. See?

Goiters are never biopsied. Large nodules should be, because they occasionally spawn thyroid cancer.

Goiters are usually a sign that the gland is working too hard, and can be a sign of either hypOthyroidism - where the gland is working hard but can't keep up with the body's demand for hormone;
- OR - It's a sign of hypERthyroidism, where the gland is working hard and making too much hormone.

A healthy thyroid is rarely too big.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
Seems to be a lot of confusion here as to what a goiter is.
It's just a swollen thyroid gland. And that's different than a "nodule", which is a growth upon the thyroid gland... either a swollen or a normal-sized gland. See?

Goiters are never biopsied. Large nodules should be, because they occasionally spawn thyroid cancer.

Goiters are usually a sign that the gland is working too hard, and can be a sign of either hypOthyroidism - where the gland is working hard but can't keep up with the body's demand for hormone;
- OR - It's a sign of hypERthyroidism, where the gland is working hard and making too much hormone.

A healthy thyroid is rarely too big.
Sorry, as always you are right MD

I see goiter and I read 'multi nodular goiter' because thats what I had.

Basically though there is no way of her doctor knowing if its just a goiter, or is nodular too, without a scan. If the scan then shows nodules of an adequate size, they should be biopsied

Adrenal Fatigue
180mg NTH
28mg HC
2 x Caltrate

Rach xxxx

Old 08-26-2008, 02:35 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygwyn
Basically though there is no way of her doctor knowing if its just a goiter, or is nodular too, without a scan. If the scan then shows nodules of an adequate size, they should be biopsied
Agreed!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 02:35 PM   #10
(female)

ashfox2005 HB User

Just wondering.. your post said this goiter.. working too hard can be HYPO??? This dr. said it wouldnt change anything.. its just there?? From my own common sense that sounds stupid.. I mean if its enlarged and the whole thyroid is what maintains function... and its too big??? helloo.. i think that my doctor needs to go back to school or something..

Old 08-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Ashfox,

You need a different MD. One willing to run the necessary tests as well as listen to your symtoms and the language your body is speaking.

You have an enlarged thyroid. FACT
ACTION: Thyroid ultrasound, (minimum) Autoimmune antibody panel (Hashimoto's - Your blood work and symptoms do not point to Graves)

Past imbalance in FT4 and FT3 levels: FACT
Adrenal arophe as a result of dysfunction thyroid: Known FACT in good endocrinologists...
ACTION: Adrenal/Pituitary testing.

I am betting you have Hashimoto's and that it is hitting on your adrenals. You need an MD that will be your partner and work with you. You DO NOT NEED this ENDON'T. Many have had to look elsewhere. My miracle worker is an Internal Medicine MD in an integrative care practice. My first Endo was a dud.. my second is still in my reserving judgement file. Many have to go through four or ten MDs to find the rare MD that knows or is willing to treat a thyroid properly.

Good luck on MD shopping. I am sorry you got an EnDUD.

MG

Old 08-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

I have a multinodular goiter that isn't giving me any problems. It is from my bouts with thyroiditis (viral & bacterial) that I have had. I've done the ultrasound & will do other in Oct. If goiters get too large they can create pressure symptoms such as trouble swallowing etc. Check your family history & see if others have goiters too. Fam

Closed Thread