It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Little update bemusing......

Hi all l dont come on much now and its not cos l am feeling fit and well since my TT last July............. have a lot of things going on and tend to o on the fibro board when able as l think thats what l have....... anyway after been reduced to 100mcgs levo back in dec 07 after starting out on 125mcg post surgery.......... my labs have climbed again I am having levo reduced tommorow to 75MCGS!!!!!......... now lm a bit bemused cos l have not seen anyone anywhere whose had a TT on this dose....... however they did say that it might only be for a short time and then have the levo increased again. My ft4 is 28.8 top of range 22.0 ft3 is bang in middle cant remeber numbers here in Uk they dont hand out paper to lightly..... and my tsh is very low. I cant believe my ft4 is still climbing! I used to joke maybe l had another thyroid hiding somewhere...... maybe theres some truth spoken in jest????? This should be interesting watch this space cos no doubt if l can function l will be very surprised if l am not here posting once the lower dose kicks in!!! Thanks all hope all is well xxx

Old 08-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Little update bemusing......

It's good to see you again, Niecsey... Wish you were in a better state of health, though.

Even if you did speak in jest, I have to tell you... There are some rare conditions where thyroid tissue grows elsewhere in the body and can spew out extra hormone just like the thyroid itself does. The ovaries are one place that comes to mind, if I remember right.

You're a puzzle, old friend. Hope you find resolution soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Hey! Sorry about your ills. Can you get them to check your Ft3 levels given the odd behaviour of you FT4? Have they checked your adrenal and pituitary function as well. Many things can get knocked out of whack by the thyroid.. OR absense of one. It is an odd scenario. I am afraid that just a TSH and FT4 do not tell you enough of the whole picture to treat your properly. I wish you the best.

MG

Old 08-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi there old friend(((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))!! Yep thats me the puzzle!!! Been like that since day l ! lol good job l can laugh (occasionally) about it! How you doing anyhow? Hope your good l do come on here now and again and just lurk really Well watch this space and see if my ft4 rises on 75mcgs lol!!! Hi Mkg x we spoke the last time remember my ft3 was bang in the middle of the range. When l see the doc tommorow lm going to ask if l can see the endo again... he wrote me off to quickly for my liking considering he said l would always be a patient as l have some degree of eye disease! Thanks to you both for replying its good to see old friends Take care l will be back with the next hideous installment from my locla doctors surgery!!!! lol xxx

Old 08-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

I am doing alright. I am back up to 75 mcgs myself. I am finally able to climb on my medication because I am getting my adrenal needs met and seen too. My adrenals died as a result of too long a period without proper thyroid hormones. My only issue at present is getting my vit D and potassium levels up. I have to accept no one wants to remove my pain in the neck at this time and just treat it as best I can. At least my Internal Medicine main MD runs the tests I ask of her and doesn't quible with how I feel. It only took three months for her to hand me the reigns in my care and tell me she would ride shot gun. She is a great lady. Hopefully your GP will send you to the Endo. It could be thyroid regrowth or a secondary thyroid tissue mass. Either way your Endo can find that our with an iodine body uptake scan. Given your thyroid eye disease and wonky T4 demands I would think an iodine uptake scan and visit to an Endo to be only reasonable. I remember the Ft3 being in the middle of the range. What was the percentage with relation to your Ft4 at that time? Adrenal insufficiency can be detected by a discrepancy in your Ft3 and Ft4 levels.

I hope that you begin to get somewhere soon. It is always a pain when we have to flop about and chase our tails because the MDs do not allow us to do anything else. Chasing one's tail gets boring and the scenary is not the most pleasant or aromatic in most cases. I hope that you can hold on to your sense of humor.

MG

Old 08-27-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Thyroid-wise, I'm great... thanks for asking.

But I'm now having signs of a blood disorder - another autoimmune thing, I think. I'm in the process of finding a good hematologist to figure it all out for me. Wish me luck, and I'll return the favor... OK?

Old 08-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Mg x Result!! at last! Im off to see a rheumy! She thinks l have fibromyalgia! I kept a diary for 5 weeks and soon as she seen it she knew....... l was right about me having thyrotoxicosis l diagnosed myself! So maybe lm right on this too! I do know that fibro and thyroid probs are almost identical in a lot of ways. So were going to try the reduced levo and see what happens see if symptoms lessen etc because l have been so ill lately and down lately lm going 1 thing at a time and lm really happy just to be seeing the rheumy right now!! If things dont improve with the thyroid then l will demand to see the endo and suggest if my ft4 climbs again that they have to look to see whats going on. Midwest good luck x oh what do they think you have now? Its never ending!!! Poor you I will keep you all updated for now l feel like lm getting somewhere (lm easily pleased these days lol) Thanks girls xx love to you both xxx

Old 08-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User

Hi niecsey nice to hear from you. HOPE they get you ship shape sooooooooooon
lil miss smarty pants diagnosed HERSELF

me? Seeing Dr#6 soon because though old fired dr gave me Armour, he was happy to keep me UNDERmedicated!!
Dr#6 is in my town, has rave reviews & prescribes ARMOUR

crossing my fingers for my online friends

Last edited by Suey77; 08-29-2008 at 06:24 AM.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Suey yea l dxn myself l posted on here for about oooh l dont know how long a good while before l plucked up the courage to go to the docs. I went in and told him what l had.. he said how do you know that? LOL l was more assertive then lol thanks for your reply and good luck to you xxx

Closed Thread