It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
(female)

geeroc46 HB User
thyroid

For the past 10 years, I have had hypothyroidism. About 5 years ago, my dosage of synthroid was increased and its has been the same since. I recently took a blood test and my doctor tells me that my levels are now too high and the dosage needs to be decreased to a lower level then it has ever been. Is this common or should I insist on another blood test?

Old 08-28-2008, 01:54 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: thyroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeroc46 View Post
I recently took a blood test and my doctor tells me that my levels are now too high and the dosage needs to be decreased to a lower level then it has ever been.
That can happen. It can be that your thyroid is pushing as hard as it can with it's last ounce of strength (and then it may shut down fast - that's what I believe happpened to me after over a decade of untreated "sub hypo"). Be sure to follow your situation frequently - you never know how long this will last.

Last edited by FinnMaid; 08-28-2008 at 01:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User

i dont know if this is common, but i was wondering how are you feeling? do you feel hyper-ish? i'd tend to stay on the same dose if feeling ok no matter what the numbers said. maybe these numbers are just temporary.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
(female)

geeroc46 HB User

No, I am not hyper at all, as a matter of fact I am very tired and sluggish. That is why I went to the doctor in the first place. Besides being extremely tired, I can't sleep (no wonder that I am tired) and I am losing hair.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Have you kept up with your labs? If you have (and if you haven't ask for copies of them) then post them here with reference ranges. So we all can have a look

Closed Thread