It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
(female)

shasha99 HB User
Can someone please help me understand hyperthyroid

I went to the doctor 4 weeks ago for felling fatigue, burning eyes and nausea. The doctor orders me to take blood work and I just got my result and he said you have heryperthyroid. He also said my TSH was 0.02.

I have an appointment with endocrine on 9/9/08. What is the normal TSH supposed to be? I know a lot of people with hyper loose a lot of weight that is not the case in my situation. I had a baby 9 months ago and have not even lost all my weight. I was working out crazy after the baby and only lost 15 pounds. I need to loose about 20 more to get back to where i was but don't have the energy to work out anymore. Weight is really not the issue for now i just need to understand hyperthyroid and get treated. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User
Re: Can someone please help me understand hyperthyroid

When I was hyperthyroid due to thyroiditis, I was losing a lb. a day & having to eat at least 2,000 cal a day-felt like I was stuffing myself. I had trouble eating because my throat was so sore & I wasn't hungry.

My tsh was 0.01. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. My b/p was over 200 all the time. My pulse was 120 plus. I was exhausted. I was having diarrhea. I could only sleep for 2 hrs at a time. I got chills. Make sure you eat enough so that you don't lose muscle mass-diet later. Fam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 09:25 AM   #3
(female)

tami71 HB User
Re: Can someone please help me understand hyperthyroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by famnd View Post
When I was hyperthyroid due to thyroiditis, I was losing a lb. a day & having to eat at least 2,000 cal a day-felt like I was stuffing myself. I had trouble eating because my throat was so sore & I wasn't hungry.

My tsh was 0.01. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. My b/p was over 200 all the time. My pulse was 120 plus. I was exhausted. I was having diarrhea. I could only sleep for 2 hrs at a time. I got chills. Make sure you eat enough so that you don't lose muscle mass-diet later. Fam
Hi Famnd, How did you treat your hyperthyroid? I have this also and am trying to decide between RAI or surgery.
Tami

Closed Thread