It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

cg030281 HB User
Question tendonitis and Hashitmoto's?

Is it possible that they correlate? I know my endo checked my reflexes in my wrists at my appt, but didn't really say anything about it. That's been almost a month ago, and now the tendonitis is so bad in my elbow that I can hardly do anything with it - lift, bend, even the motions of brushing my teeth aggravate it.

Is this just a coincidence? Or could they be related? I have done nothing (that I know of) to injure my elbow.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User
Re: tendonitis and Hashitmoto's?

Hi cg...

I too have Hashi's/hypothyroid, and when this all started getting bad and rearing it's ugly head, [about 7 years ago], I started getting some serious pain in my right thigh and it was later diagnosed to be tendonitis. It hurt almost all of the time. So a couple of years later when I was dx'd with the thyroid problem, and after I'd been on meds [for me it took a while] and got my levels in a pretty good place, that pain started going away.

Today, my levels are good, I feel great, and that pain is totally gone. It does return when my levels are "off"....hyPO *or* hyPER, but it's been a while. Lots of ugly symptoms went away.

Yes...I believe that my tendonitis was caused by my thyroid being off. Once your levels get to your good spot, and you have some time to heal, you too will feel a lot better. I never thought the day would come, but it did, [thank God], and life is good again.

My best to you and everyone else on this board..
Good luck!
Deda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

I have hypo, was put on synthroid but had bad side effects, the Dr didn't want to hear anything like I was crazy so I switched to a woman about a month ago, she put me on 30mg (they keep me low mg because I'm in my 60's) Well anyway I've been on it just about a month go for my blood work soon. The last few weeks my right leg thigh has been killing me sometimes going to the groin & around back but mostly thigh really bad I'm just wondering now that I read your posts if it could be hashi/tendonitis. I have had back pain before & it's diff now seems like nothing helps my leg pain.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:32 AM   #4
(female)

alikat709 HB User

Thyroid issues can give you the painful tendonitis. I too had tendonitis in my left achilies tendon and occasionally carpal tunnel pain and also an exruciating pain in my right side gluteus maximus lol, Since I switched fron synthroid to armour , I havent had as much pain as I did while on synthroid,but my levels are still not optimal,so I am still having a few issues myself. I do think that if your levels get optimal , the pain will go away.
kathy
ps: the doctor might say they aren't related, the same as he will probably say muscle pain doesn't come with thyroid either. lol I heard that from several of the doctors.

. That's been almost a month ago, and now the tendonitis is so bad in my elbow that I can hardly do anything with it - lift, bend, even the motions of brushing my teeth aggravate it.

Is this just a coincidence? Or could they be related? I have done nothing (that I know of) to injure my elbow.[/QUOTE

Closed Thread