It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
(female)

nail lady HB User
latest numbers

thyroglobulin<1 normal 2 to 60

anti-thyroglobulin*64 <60

t3 free

freet3 2.4 2.3-4.2 pg/ml

t4,free
freet4 1.10 .89-1.76 ng dl

tsh,3 generation tsh 2.140 .350-5.500 miul/l

up my dose to 112 synthroid and still 5 cytomel hopefully this dose will be right and my hair stops falling out i guess from the dr talking in a few months i will be doing another scan to check things out if it is good do another one in about 6 months and if that one is good every 5 yrs so fingers crossed. thanks for all your help everyone

sheri

Last edited by nail lady; 09-05-2008 at 07:06 AM.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: latest numbbers

thyroglobulin<1 You want this low, especially if your thyroid is gone due to questionable or malignant growth.

anti-thyroglobulin*64
You are still positive for the secondary Hashimoto's antibodies.

t3 free - free t3 2.4 Assuming the standard range of 2.3-4.2.. You are at 5&#37; in the normal range.. WAY TOO LOW! This eould indicate you need more T3.. alot more to hit even menopause optimal levels.

t4,free free t4 1.10 Assuming my range of 0.8-1.8... You are at 30% of normal range and this is stil suboptimal. The low end of menopausal aged women is 45% for optimal. You still have room for a dosage increase.

Have your MDs look into why your T4 is not being converted to T3 efficiently? Have they looked into your adrenal and pituitary function yet? If you labn ranges parallel mine.. I personally think you are going to need more T3 and more T4.

tsh,3 generation tsh 2.140 Given that you have Hashimoto's and that you are on a T3 supplement.. this TSH suggests that you are still hypothyroid and in need of additional thyroid supplementation. Just my opinion given my known lab ranges. This is subject to change when I know your actual FT lab ranges.

Well they are running the right tests on you.. if you tell me what are the ranges for your FTs I will be able to give you a more definitive opinion on my take of your numbers and levels.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #3
(female)

nail lady HB User

ok here it is and what would those other things do to ya oh and i dont think im memonpausal yet i gonna turn 40 this dec. still having normal cycles

Last edited by nail lady; 09-05-2008 at 07:22 AM.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User

Sheri,

You've had thyroid cancer? Then your TSH was kept much too high, you did need a higher dose, your TSH must be kept suppressed to avoid a recurrence. If it's not suppressed, thyroid tissue can grow back.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

If you have had cancer as Reece says the TSH and thyroid function needs to be suppressed. Given you are not menopausal optimal levels for you would be in the 60-80&#37; range of normal. You need more thyroid supplementation. You are being under treated in my opinion. You need more T3 and more T4. Your need for T3 exceeds your need for T4. However you probably could stand a jump to 125 mcgs of T4 and to 20 mcg T3 split in a 10 mg/10 mg regime. This is something you will need to work out with your MD. They may be going slow for some unknown factor. I am not an MD and can not tell you what to do.. but my opinion is that you are UNDER medicated big time.

MG

Old 09-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
(female)

nail lady HB User

thanks i didnt know it could grow back is that why people redo the treatment then or does that mean their cancer grows back . thanks for your help i go back nov 3 doing same test then vit d also.

sheri

Old 09-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User

If thyroid tissue grows back after surgery/RAI, it's hard to tell if it's benign thyroid tissue, or cancerous, so they consider it a "recurrence" and they would then treat it with RAI. So yes, if in a year or so, a scan "lit up" and revealed thyroid tissue in your body, they would treat you again with RAI.

Here's how I think of it: If your tsh is high, your body is calling for more hormone, and tissue can grow back to fill that need. If the tsh is suppressed, (very low, mine is kept at .04) then the body should not be requesting hormone to fill a need, and no tissue should grow back.

I would discuss with your endo. the ideal suppression point. I don't even worry about the other numbers at all, I feel fine, so I just worry about the tsh.

Also, if you have thyroglobulin antibodies, they will not be able to use thyroglobulin levels to monitor you for a recurrence, so you should discuss this with your doctor as well. You may need more regular ultrasounds and scans to monitor over the future.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #8
(female)

goalechica HB User

I got diagnoses with hashimotos when I was 19. I'm 23 now. I've been untreated for the past year due to no health insurance. I went to the hospital recently because I've just been feeling terrible. They did some bloodwork and came back with this. My total T3 is 2.23 and normal is .6. I haven't been able to find anything about these results because the measurement seems to be different than what is normally used. So I wanted to know how dangerous this is and if I should be worried, and how abnormal those results are if they are?

Old 09-08-2008, 05:26 AM   #9
(female)

nail lady HB User
Re: latest numbers

you need meds. my sister has been untreated also for the same reason and wants to know why she is feeling like she is going crazy now this stuff sucks their has to be somewdhere to get help talk your pharamacy dr office for samples some churches even get people old prescriptions they cant use to give to other people. i have given my to my other twin sister because i keep changing every time i see the dr . my thyroid was taken out i had hasi and mulit nodular goiter for 12 yrs and now papilary cancer i did a lot of research (removed) good luck sheri

Last edited by moderator2; 09-08-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Closed Thread