It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User
Feel like I'm going crazy

I'm still waiting on my latest labs, but I feel like I'm just going downhill. I can't concentrate at work, my ears are plugged up all the time, which makes me dizzy and more sensitive to sounds. As soon as I go out in public, I start feeling hot, anxious and dizzy. I'm very confused since my symptoms seem to be both hyper and hypo. I know Hashi's can do this, so maybe that's it. I also was reading how, even if you don't have a pituitary tumor (or one that doesn't show up on the scan), it can still cause problems. If my TSH still comes back low despite lowering my dose, I'm going to ask about this and adrenal fatigue. Unfortunately, due to having osteoporosis, I can't take any steroids I've read they give for adrenal fatigue.

Anyway, I mostly wanted to vent because I'm tired of feeling bad. I've gone two weekends in a row now where I'm unable to even run errands due to feeling too anxious and dizzy to stay in a store more than 5 minutes. I heard someone whistling, which hurts my ears, and I literally fled the store holding my ears. I just feel very off balance.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User
Cool Re: Feel like I'm going crazy

Been there DONE (most of) *that* -- Personally, I'm less social than I used to be

HOPE they figure out your health issues soon (((((((tigger67)))))))

take GOOD care
Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Feel like I'm going crazy

Wow you sound like me. I am that way this morning. Dizzy, ringing ears, etc...I am hoping my issue is an ear infection. I am going to the doctor this afternoon. I am wondering if my thyroid is off again though because I have tons of hair coming out into my brush and on my clothes. I always panic because I remember that happening when I first became hypothyroid.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Feel like I'm going crazy

Tigger,

As soon as you get your results post your Ft3 and Ft4 levels and ranges here. There is a definite pattern that your Ft3 and Ft4 balance will exhibit if you have an adrenal issue. As too not being able to take the steriods, well the dosage that they give you is EXTREMELY small. I am adrenal insufficient. My adrenal glands are not making enough cortisol to sustain my needs. If you do not make enough there is a nasty condition known as adrenal crisis.. this results in coma and a few other nasty side effects. However back to the steriodal dosage.. being out of balance in Ft3 and Ft4 levels due to lack of cortisol can be worse on your body than taking the equivalent of 3-4 mg or prednisone a day. The 15 - 20 mg of cortisone a day that is the normal replacement dosage will not hurt you IF you need it. Only if your body doesn't need the cortisol will taking the proper replacment dosage cause you issues.

However if you are hyperT in T4 or T3 this can leech the Calcium and other minerals right out of your body. Cortisol keeps the T4 to T3 conversion in check. I am not saying jump on the steriod band wagon, but some times you do not have a choice and as long as you closely monitor your levels every 4-6 weeks you can adjust as often as needed until you are stabilized in an OPTIMAL state. In any case you need to make sure that you have a VERY thyroid savvy MD that is familiar and comfortable with testing the adrenal function. Often it is hard enough to find a thyroid savvy MD, much less one that is adrenal savvy as well.

Good luck.
MG

Closed Thread