It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Do I have a thyroid disorder

Hi guys I am back hoping for guidance. As some of you know, for the past 3 months I have had migratory bone/joint pain that shoots around my body. At the onset of the pain, I started to get extreme joint cracking as well. Now I am getting little muscle twitches all over my body. I have also been feeling run down

I have had a bone scan, MRI blood work-all okay

I had my calcium checked-it was fine. I had my THS checked it was fine.

What other blood tests should I be getting in order to dedect a thyroid disorder?

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Old 09-07-2008, 01:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User
Re: Do I have a thyroid disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2626 View Post
Hi guys I am back hoping for guidance. As some of you know, for the past 3 months I have had migratory bone/joint pain that shoots around my body. At the onset of the pain, I started to get extreme joint cracking as well. Now I am getting little muscle twitches all over my body. I have also been feeling run down

I have had a bone scan, MRI blood work-all okay

I had my calcium checked-it was fine. I had my THS checked it was fine.

What other blood tests should I be getting in order to dedect a thyroid disorder?

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?
Hi

MANY of us here have been told our results were fine...MANY times! If you have copies of the tests you've had done and can list them here, with the results and the ranges (which will be in brackets next to the test result) we'll be able to possibly answer your question. Just having had the TSH tested to establish whether or not you have thyroid disease isnt enough though. You need FT3 & FT4 at the very least and ideally antibodies too.

HTH

Rach xxxx

Total Thyroidectomy Oct 06 due to Massive Multi Nodular Goiter and Hashi
Adrenal Fatigue
180mg NTH
28mg HC
2 x Caltrate

Rach xxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Thanks so much. My dr never tested my PTH but told me my calcium would be off if I had an issue. I read however calcium levels can change week to week. I have a lot of symptoms of parathyroid---GERD (for over a yr), Flucuation in weight (not by a lot only by 6 pds), fatigue, brain fog, extreme migratotry bone/joint pain (has been going on three months--usually shooting pains),lower back painm,buzzing feet, EXTREME joint cracking (going on 3 months) and now little muscle twitches everywhere.

My TSH was 2.313 Range is .3500-5.500
Calcuim 9.4
T4 1.59 Range is .61-1.76

Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 AM   #4
(female)

michelle221 HB User

I would find a dr to keep a track on your pth and calcium. Have you had a thyroid ultrasound?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

No I have not had a thyroid ultra sound. Is their radiation in that? I am going to get the PTH today and another calcium draw. If I had an issue with my PT would it have shown up in my TSH?

Closed Thread