It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 06:36 AM   #1
(female)

alikat709 HB User
help with labs please

fsh 13.11 females:
follicular phase 3.5-12.5
ovulation phase 4.7-21.5
luteal phase 1.7-7.7
post menopausal 25.8-134.8

LH 6.91 females follicular phase 2.4-12.6
ovulation phase 14.0-95.6
luteal phase 1.0-11.4
postmenopausal 7.7-58.5

vit D,25-oh,D3 <4 The normals for this were on another page that I can't
find. I'll have to call the lab.
anyway the doc said my labs were "good", but when I got my copy , I realized that he never asked about the phase I was in when I had the labs done for the fsh and Lh. this bloodwork was drawn on july 29th.
my period is not too regular,(I think because I am still low thyroid)
july 9th to 21st
july 30th to aug 21st < last few periods
aug 28th to sept 8th

so by looking at this no matter what phase I fall in ,something is off.
thanks for your help
kathy

Old 09-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: help with labs please

That vitamin D is LOW. The standard lower limit on that vit D measure is <20 or <25 and you are deficient. I was 22 on a <25 scale. My MD was focused on the thyroid and nothing else at the time. I had to call her attention to the lab noted vit D deficiency. She has me taking 3 calcium/vit. D/vit. K viactive chews a day. I go back for more follow up testing in 10 days.

I wonder if your MD even looked at the vitamin D much less the other levels. Did you request the test or did your MD? Is your MD a GP, IM, or OB-GYN? I would get a copy of your labs and send them to your OB if you haven't with your cycle information. If your OB is good they will get back to you with a second opinion.

I would also call your MDs nurse and state that you are concerned with your vit D levels since you do not get outside much and have limited sun exposure. Get your MD to look at the lab results again and he may just prescribe a vit D, Calcium combination. Have you ever had your B12 levels tested? I would worry about your B12 levels with a Vit D level that low.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
(female)

alikat709 HB User
Re: help with labs please

hi mg,
I have an appt with a new ob/gyn , coming up in a few weeks. I kept telling my D.O,that my periods were really like two a month and still not regular I mentioned prob because I still need more armour. He started me on one grain, then upped to two after about 6 weeks. I felt so much better on the armour than I ever did on the synthroid ,even though my levels were not yet optimal.< I have been tracking my temps too on synthroid, I barely would get over 96. two grains of armour and I was at 97.5. I just recently bumped up my armour to three grains . two in the am and one in the ealy afternoon. after only one extra dose on saturday. sunday temps were avg 98.4.(finally) today so far I am 98.3,
I am taking vitamin D 1000Iu in my multi
then I add 800 D3 I have been doing this since I think april, so this test was done the end of July. My D.O did order the FSH/Lh and prolactin test.
also am cortisol which was 11.7 (8.7-22.4)
I take the deglycerrized licorice root daily , He said that was good too. my free t4 ws 1.0 (0.87-1.51) .
He is trying to get my insurance co to approve a ct scan of my head. He ordered it back in june and I still haven't gotten the approval yet. he is working at a snails pace .
He is not the best doc in the world ,I realized that when he said my tsh is too low to increase armour,with the free t4 still being low. also he didn't order the free t3 like I asked he got the total t3 which was 136( 80-200)
I am going to call him right now about the vit D. and I guess Ill just show the rest to the gyn on my visit.
thank you

kathy

Closed Thread