It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Anyone else get headaches with dose changes?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
tigger67
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User
Anyone else get headaches with dose changes?

I've noticed that every time my dr. changes my synthroid dose, I get a headache. She just recently lowered my dose, and today I've had a headache all day that I can't get rid of, even with advil.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
mkgbrook
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Anyone else get headaches with dose changes?

T4 is essential to cerebral function. It makes sense that a change in dosage could cause the manifestation of headaches and other symptoms. I get headaches and ear aches and the whole floating head thing periodically. I can not say if it is me being blonde, shifting in T4, or just allergies. I do know that when my T4 is too low I get MIGRAINES.. knock me down, curl in a ball in a dark room and cry migraines. These buggers also take out my ability to see. Now I am on thyroid hormone and have a Ft4 level above 5% I rarely have visual impairment with my migraines. The frequency of my migraines is much lower as well.

MG

Old 09-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
lc678
(female)

lc678 HB User
Re: Anyone else get headaches with dose changes?

I got a headache when first starting on only 25 mcg thyroid hormone. Had a headache from day #3 for about 4 days. Then had a reprieve until the 1 month mark when the migraine-like headaches started one after the other. The doctor increased it to 50 mcg middle of last week. So far, the headaches have almost vanished + the muscle and joint achiness has improved too. Now I am wondering if it's a coincidence or if it's the bump up in medication to my "sweet spot". Saw a lot of articles on the internet about the the connection of thyroid disease and headache. Evidently, it's not too unusual. Hope you feel better real soon!

Closed Thread