It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
(male)

tootal2 HB User
Can low thyroid make my throat sore?

My throat feels sore on the left side. the same side that my thyroid hurts. My thyroid feels low

thanks

Old 09-18-2008, 06:04 AM   #2
(female)

optimistic2x2 HB User
Re: Can low thyroid make my throat sore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post
My throat feels sore on the left side. the same side that my thyroid hurts. My thyroid feels low

thanks
I see it has been several days since your post. I am new to this board and I wanted to let you know that before my treatment I had a sore throat 6 out of 7 days a week. More in the esophagus than in the throat. I always thought it was allergies. Now I know it was my thyroid, even though my levels are normal. I have high anitbodies which were attacking the thyroid and eventually it would just give up the fight. But no more sore throat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User

are we talking about a sore throat like that raw feeling when you have a cold, or sore throat like it is tender and tired like sore muscle?

i've definitely had unpleasant throat sensations. they do come and go, but were much worse when i was not medicated. i also have had trouble with acid reflux and post nasal drip, which both bring their own unpleasant throat symptoms to the board.

lots of people complain of the 'golf ball in the throat' sensation, or 'tight throat', down at the base of the neck where the thyroid is. theory is that if you have hashi's, you'll have a thyroid that feels sore at least some of the time, or if you are undermedicated.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
(female)

optimistic2x2 HB User

I am talking about the feeling of throat muscles sore or achy, not in the throat like strep throat kinda thing but not exactly the thyroid either. I am dealing right now with a horrible sinus infection. Z pack for 3 days now and still not getting well. I am so tired of all this, does it ever stop.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimistic2x2 View Post
I am talking about the feeling of throat muscles sore or achy, not in the throat like strep throat kinda thing but not exactly the thyroid either. I am dealing right now with a horrible sinus infection. Z pack for 3 days now and still not getting well. I am so tired of all this, does it ever stop.
oh god sinus infections are the worst! try to take care of yourself. rest and lots of water and chicken soup!!!

i wonder if tootal2 will respond to his inquiry. ?

Old 09-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
(female)

optimistic2x2 HB User

I don't know, it has been several days since I see any post from tootal.
I am not sure how you know by a feeling that your thyroid is low. I would like to know how to know what I need and when. I see post where those are playing up and down with meds and know what is right for them. I wish I had that pleasure. I have only been on treatment for 3 months.

Closed Thread