It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Hashis and Hypo symptoms [kind of long]

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #1
jshanl
(male)

jshanl HB User
Hashis and Hypo symptoms [kind of long]

I was diagnosed with Hashis in Feb of 08. My thyroid actually failed in Aug 08,but Endo that Family doc sent me to said that TPO over 1000 was not a problem.When I started looking at this board I realized he was a quack. So my family doc was treating me until the symptoms came back. I saw a new endo today and she confirmed that I indeed do have Hashis. The problem is that even though my TSH is now low at .026 and my T4 is .94 and my T3 is1.1 I still have symptoms of hypo. They are constant fatigue,leg cramps and swelling,brain fog and brittle nails, and throat swelling and pain.The endo wants me to drop from 200 mcg to 175 mcg because she thinks I'm hyper. She also said that the only thing to be concerned about is T4. But she also felt a hard spot in my throat that even the ultra sound did not show.Now she wants me to see an ENT next week. Besides running away from this doc does anyone have any ideas of what is the possible cause of these symptoms? Also I'm a 44 year old male,apparantly there are not many men that have this problem,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
optimistic2x2
(female)

optimistic2x2 HB User
Re: Hashis and Hypo symptoms [kind of long]

I can only tell you that I have the exact same symtpoms as you and I have hashi's with normal T3 and T4. My TPO levels were high attacking the thyroid. Like many other have said I started treatment and after a few weeks notice symptoms again and have to regulate the dose of meds. It sounds like you are HYPO. I am not sure about the throat, but definately have it checked out.

Closed Thread