It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

In so much pain..in need of support and a place to vent..

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #1
Les3elles
(female)

Les3elles HB User
Unhappy In so much pain..in need of support and a place to vent..

Hi everyone..I'm sorry to post something like this as I know everyone on this board is feeling the same way, I just dont know where to turn anymore.
Yesterday I had to call in sick because my body was in soo much pain, its almost like it refused to even respond to me! So I stayed in bed until 630pm (I had gone to bed at 10pm the night before..so almost 24hrs in bed). Today my body is still in so much pain, the back of my eyes and head are pounding, my limbs are so weak, and seem to not be controllable. I feel so disconnected to the world. I have my follow up appt on the 25th, and I am going to lose it if he tells me «Im normal». I KNOW I am not! A normal person doesnt feel like this! I am 27 and I have 2 young children to take care of! It shouldnt be like this!!! When my kids only know me as the mommy with a headache..its not good! My husband knows theres something wrong with me, he sees me deteriorate and hes worried! I cant say I blame him, the loss of hair alone is drastic and scary! If all my labs come back «normal» where do I turn? What do I do? Im at the point that all I want to do is sleep.. I think of how nice it would be to be in a car accident so that I can stay in the hospital and get some rest! How awful is that thought process??! I miss having energy, I miss smiling spontaneously, I miss laughing, I miss ME!

Im sorry, I just had to get that out! And I felt comfortable doing it here!
Thank you for reading my rambling.

Angèle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 AM   #2
scoot
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User
Re: In so much pain..in need of support and a place to vent..

oh gosh angele i'm so sorry.

i totally know what you are talking about with the disconnected feeling, being so tired, and feeling like you have no control of your limbs. yessireee, something is amiss. i'm sure your bloodwork will show it too. are you on any thyroid meds right now or will the 25th be your first appointment?

i'm glad you have the support of your spouse. lots of people here find their spouses lost patience with them.

good luck at your appointment. things will get better.

Last edited by scoot; 09-19-2008 at 08:15 AM.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
katkatdd
Veteran
(female)

katkatdd HB User

YES, YES I soooo know what you are going thru! U are not alone at all.... I feel the same way each and every day I wake up. I want to just stay in bed all day but my 4 kids plus the one I babysit will not let me. heeehee.....

It is not right! And I am battling my dr's now also. My bones literally hurt and everything else. I feel so weak also like I will drop at any moment. I do hope you find some answers soon!! U DESERVE to feel good for yourself and your family. And I totally know what you mean by how your kids only know you as Mommy with a headache. My kids know me as mom is sick and mom has been sick for 3 yrs now. It's not fair!!!!

Take care of yourself and if you feel like you need to just rest then let your body rest.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
Les3elles
(female)

Les3elles HB User

Thank you so much everyone... Its awful to think that so many people feel this way on a daily basis! But in a sense, reassuring too! Im sorry for all of you as well, I really think the worst part of all this is the fact that my children will remember me as the mommy who was always sick and couldnt play with us! That is NOT the memories I want my daughters to have!! This will be my first follow up appointment at the internist. What other kind of doctors or tests should I be asking for if my labs turn out to be «Normal» PS: Normal? We know how we feel and we know what «normal» is to us!! You would think the docs would listen to our symptoms too sometimes!!
Thank you again for the much needed support of people who truely understand!! Xo
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot View Post
oh gosh angele i'm so sorry.

i totally know what you are talking about with the disconnected feeling, being so tired, and feeling like you have no control of your limbs. yessireee, something is amiss. i'm sure your bloodwork will show it too. are you on any thyroid meds right now or will the 25th be your first appointment?

i'm glad you have the support of your spouse. lots of people here find their spouses lost patience with them.

good luck at your appointment. things will get better.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
mkgbrook
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Les3elles,

Welcome to our thyroid dysfunctional family. What testss are they doing on you? have the also tested your ferritin, vit D, vit B12, magnesium, and potassium levels. Low levels in either of these can cause chronic pain and migraine issues. Also have they tested you for Hashimoto's thyroiditis? You are in Canada so I know you are dealing with a lot of socialized red tape. It is not going to be easy, but there may be a member in your area that has found an MD they can work with. You should start a new thread.. Desparate in X, Canada. Need a thyroid MD! See what hits you get that way. I know there is one in Toronto that a member has been pleased with. They have to go through the ER to get access to him though. I can not remember the name. UGH!

I was in your boat. I only have one son, but I would be put down for days on end with migraines and such. Steriods and decongestants helped.. but in no way fixed it. It wasn't until I got on synthroid that things got better.

Now what exactly are your last lab results? NORMAL in range is often not OPTIMAL when one has symptoms. My neurologist put me on 400 mg magnesium a day and a super B complex for my migraines. It helped me cut down occurances 50-70%. Synthroid knocked them out of the park. I am betting you are not optimal and you are just dealing with MDs not willing to look deep enough to manage your care. I hope that we can help. I have some old threads that you might find helpful in your quest for knowledge.

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=597479[/url]
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=585150[/url]
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=592743[/url]

I wish that you get the care you deserve soon.

MG

Old 09-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
Les3elles
(female)

Les3elles HB User

Thank you MG.. You are right about the doctors here! Its all in your head attitude is driving me nuts! «All in my head» trust me this isnt what I would chose as a feeling!! He did test my ferritin, b12 and vitamins.. he said he would test everything vitamin wise and thryoid wise. Before I left his office, he said he suspects its because I dont sleep well that I am having all these issues and wants to refer me to a sleep clinic! Is that normal to think of sleep problems? I have no idea what to do or where to turn. I was told that I have low hemoglobin, but not «dangerously so» so they diregarded it.. Sigh...
Im hoping to hear good news on the 25th..good news being..«hey guess what , there is something wrong with you...» thank you.. im not crazy!! lol.

Thank you for the links and the new thread idea I will start a new one just as you suggested!! And thanks for the warm welcome to the thryoid family! We are dysfunctional one but a caring one at least! lol
Angèle

Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
scoot
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User

Angele

if you have not already, PLEASE PLEASE get copies of ALL YOUR LABWORK. i tell everyone this, and cannot stress it enough. a doctor can miss something, or you might be borderline normal but they'll just tell you "normal". any of the labs you've had recently you should get, and any in the future.

if i had gotten copies of my first labwork, i would have been diagnosed with hashi's months earlier than i did, and would have saved myself a lot of fear and frustration.

have you checked your adrenals? i'm not positive of the specific lab tests - i think DHEA and i know for sure cortisol. adrenal and thyroid problems kinda go hand in hand, especially if untreated for a long time.

Last edited by scoot; 09-19-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #8
Les3elles
(female)

Les3elles HB User

Thank you Scoot!! I did receive my last test results after much pushing and harrassing! lol.. And things seem to be in the normal ranges, maybe a bit on the low side.. but nothing too alarming (to my eye) and it wasnt intensive testing, just regular lab work.. If you check my other post, I did write my lab results with the normal ranges.. And no worries, I am not leaving my appointment on Thrusday without my results in hand! The first thing Im probably going to do is post them in here!! lol

Thank you for helping me through this! Very much appreciated!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:06 AM   #9
mkgbrook
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Hashimoto's antibody tests are TPOAb and TGAB.. did he run these. Sleep apnea and sleep deprivation can cause issues.. but guess what. Sleep apnea is a side effect for many hypothyroid/hashimoto's patients. I have a family that supports that MEDICAL fact. I have severe sleep apnea AND Hashimoto's and Graves and adrenal insufficiency. My first MDs told me live with.. your a hypo alright.. hypochondriac.. well amazingly I was batting 100 to their 0. They never ran the proper tests on me. Here you have a pool of experience where many have gone through this before. We are self educated thyroid advocates. We have to be to get proper thyroid treatment. The squeaky wheel does get the grease.. the educated dysfunctional thyroid members makes all the ignorant thyroid MDs run for the hills and keeps the rare gems that are out there... somewhere...

By law your MD has to release your medical records and labs to you if you ask. They are YOUR records. Make sure you get lab reports that INCLUDE the ranges for the tests. There are many trends and issues that can be determined if you take a step back an look at all anomolies together. Often it comes down to an MD clinging to out of date faded range limits and laboratories that have yet to update their range limits.

MG

Last edited by mkgbrook; 09-19-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
one2wonder
(female)

one2wonder HB User

I totally feel for ya with the pain...been there done that. Some things that may help take the edge off until you get proper treatment: soaks in tub/hot tub, massages....have you tried those Thermacare heatwraps...one word for those suckers...AWESOME! They last for like 10-12 freakin hours!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #11
Les3elles
(female)

Les3elles HB User

LOL I use them every single day!! They are pricey but man they work! I wish I could patch them all over myself!!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:24 PM   #12
one2wonder
(female)

one2wonder HB User

LOL...I like to watch the ads and if they are on sale grab a ton...Wholesale clubs sometimes carry them too. It's kind of funny watching the cashier's face when I load a bunch of them on the conveyor belt at the store. Or better yet when I buy what's on the shelf and have like three packs of them in my cart and ask the manager if they have more in back...NEED.....MORE.....WRAPS....

Closed Thread