It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Would you go ???

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
inkyonne
(female)

inkyonne HB User
Would you go ???

I have been waiting about a month to get in to see the endo that my dr refered me to & I was looking online and found a rate the md website. The dr I have an appt with has 8 negative reports...
Should I go ? I wish I had done this search before...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
scoot
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User
Re: Would you go ???

hmmmmm

did you look up other doctors on the same site - doctors you know already - to see what they might have as ratings?

i wonder about those web sites though. people are more inclined to leave negative feedback, i think. when people are happy with their doctors, i dont think it occurs to them to seek out a website to leave positive feedback. know what i mean?

you could go see the doc and be very careful. if you're educating yourself (which you should be anyways!) you should be able to see the red flags if they really exist. (then YOU can leave negative feedback too!)

do you like the doctor who referred you to this endo? do you feel comfortable calling your doctor and telling them what you found on the website?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #3
midwest1
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

If the negative reports were made by patients, I wouldn't put too much stock in that. A doctor could theoretically have an aloof manner and that would generate negative feedback by people who prefer a nicey-nicey personality, but who could still be an excellent practitioner. You'd be passing up the chance for excellent care on the word of folks who may not even know what excellent care is. I prefer a competent MD over a schmoozy one any day of the week. My sister, on the other hand, assesses the worth of an MD by how "nice" they are. That's insane, IMO.

I used a patient-feedback site to choose the only endo I saw. She got glowing reports, but it turned out she surely wasn't the doc for me. This is what I consider the perfect reason for not believing everything you hear on patient feedback sites.

If the 8 negatives were given by the state licensing board, though ... That's a whole other thing. Be very wary of any MD who is frequently disciplined.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
inkyonne
(female)

inkyonne HB User

I went ~ And...... Yikes !!!
The reports were all true. I checked to see if she is certified on the Az Board of medicine, and she was not.
I guess I should have done my home work first. My dr. just pulled up someone that was in close driving distance, when she gave me the number. I had to call & make the appt myself.
There were cheap white plastic patio chairs to sit on, no air in the waiting room, and no CC machine to pay. Cash or check only..
Very odd place.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #5
midwest1
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Ohmigosh.... Not even certified?! I hope you'll be sure to let your regular doc know so she doesn't refer anyone else there.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
Oleander53
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

Remember don't let a fancy waiting room fool you either.........I myself have had terrible care when the office looked like a hotel. Sometimes if you go to an Academic Univeristy clinic they look pretty shabby. Go with your gut if the place seemed like a loser then do not go back....

I try to leave feedback on some of those sites.......usually my feedback is positive and I try to leave information that will help others like likes and dislikes about Armour or cost of visit....things like that....if they do proper testing and if I felt they helped me in anyway.

Have you found another Endo yet? Oleander

Old 09-21-2008, 12:36 AM   #7
inkyonne
(female)

inkyonne HB User

I plan on letting my dr know asap. As far as finding a new Endo, I called one on Friday but the office were closed.
This dr. was truely nuts. She started saying that all dr.s from the USA do not know what they are doing. And the she started telling me about her vacation travels...
She did not want to see the blood work from the lab she says you cannot believe the numbers because they don't mean anything, & she never examined me. I mean she never layed one finger on me. She didn't even let me give her my symptoms...
She said what are you here for I said Thyroid & hypoglycemia. Then she says I have these problem to... That was all I was able to say...the rest of the visit was about her.
But she wants me to came back every two weeks...
NOT ~
I did finally just hand her my lab results and she glanced at them and shoved them in my folder.

Closed Thread