It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

I know I ask a lot of questions and here is one more. . .

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
mattie75
(female)

mattie75 HB User
I know I ask a lot of questions and here is one more. . .

I am freezing to death this morning and feel like poo. I woke again with a bad rush of what feels like adrenaline but after a few minutes it subsided. Does anyone know if this could be my bodies was of compensating for low thyroid. Last visit my doctor took me off of all meds for the time being, it was so hard to regulate with tpo's and tsi's. I am at my wits end as always and am wondering if I need to call and ask about taking meds again. My anxiety also very bad today with shakiness and uncomfortable feeling. Blood pressure is also a little high with low pulse. Confused by all of this and really don't know what else to do. Blood sugar at 105 today which is good though.
Please help, I am so tired. Last year about this time I was having a bad conversion to T4 to T3. All blood work normal then except for high antibodies.
Mattie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2008, 05:02 AM   #2
scoot
Senior Veteran
(female)

scoot HB User
Re: I know I ask a lot of questions and here is one more. . .

i guess i'm confused. meds can be hard to tweak, but going off them completely is not going to be good for you either. you're not taking any meds at all right now? no wonder you feel awful.

maybe you need to find another doctor.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:57 AM   #3
Oleander53
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

There is a huge connection to Thyroid, blood sugar and blood pressure.......it is important to be treated properly so they all stay regulated.....also not treating your thyroid raises your triglycerides and cholesterol which puts you at risk for cardiac problems along with your high bp......NOT GOOD

I always had a high blood pressure and low pulse with anxiety. I have low blood sugar and high insulin........since my thyroid has been being treated properly and I am on insulin resistant medication. I have normal blood pressure and normal triglyerides and cholesterol for the first time in years.......
the thyroid plays a huge part in regulating all of these... It took numerous Doctors for me to figure this all out.......

Get to someone who will treat you and get you feeling better. I feel better for the first time in 8 years......

Sincerely, Oleander

Old 09-21-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
Mafalde
(female)

Mafalde HB User

I feel like you do in the mornings Mattie. I wake up with the adrenaline rush and shakiness. I did something I should not have - my levels were so low that I cut my meds down to half and then my TSH hit 29 - but I felt good - no anxiety). My doctor had a fit and put me back on regular dosage and now the anxiety is back. I have low blood pressure and low blood sugar.

Is this part of being hypothyroid and trying to get the levels adjusted? Could it also be hormonal imbalances as well. I am postmenopausal so thought that was over with.

I just want my life back.

Hugs to you and to all of you who give us the support we need during these frightful times.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
Meep
Senior Veteran
(male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User

Mafalde, There is a clue in what you wrote: "low blood pressure and low blood sugar".

Thase are symptoms of adrenal fatigue, as is your inability to tolerate the proper dose of thyroid meds without having symptoms. Our friends on the Addison's Disease support board, here at Healthboards could probably tell you more about that.

Mattie, I hope your doc can get you right. In complex situations like yours, surgery or radioactive iodone to remove the thyroid gland simplifies things. I can only imagine that sounds like a drastic measure. Keep on your doctor and discuss the options that are out there, so you can feel good!

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Old 09-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
Mafalde
(female)

Mafalde HB User

Thanks Meep. I will certainly talk to my doctor about this. I really don't have the symptoms of adrenal fatigue, but who knows???? I just want to feel good again.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:32 AM   #7
tygwyn
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafalde View Post
Thanks Meep. I will certainly talk to my doctor about this. I really don't have the symptoms of adrenal fatigue, but who knows???? I just want to feel good again.
Anxiety IS a symptoms of adrenal fatigue! Get your cortisol levels checked

Total Thyroidectomy Oct 06 due to Massive Multi Nodular Goiter and Hashi
Adrenal Fatigue
180mg NTH
28mg HC
2 x Caltrate

Rach xxxx

Old 09-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #8
Mafalde
(female)

Mafalde HB User

Thank you - I will certainly get my cortisol and adrenals tested. I am so tired of feeling this way.

Closed Thread