It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

please i need some help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
blume
(female)

blume HB User
please i need some help

im new to this message board and i hope somebody can help me i had some tests done my
tsh 1.05 freet4 1.7 freet3 2.5 anti tpo <10 tsi 108 i really don't understand it it also said that the thyroid microsomal antigen has been shown to be thyroid peroxidase also nodular goiter i would really appreciate some help thank you so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
Meep
Senior Veteran
(male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User
Re: please i need some help

It is hard to accurately interpret your labs without the lab ranges that should also be on the same page. The ranges tell us where your results are, in reference to what is considered to be healthy, and they vary from lab to lab sometimes.

Without the ranges the only one I will comment on, now is your TSI. Seems elevated and can be indicating hyportthyroidism, or at least a potential cause for it. Get those ranges posted and we can figure out the rest for you.

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Old 09-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
blume
(female)

blume HB User

thank you meep for your answer let me give you more information my tsh 1.05(0.40-4.60) free t4 1.7(0.8-2.00) freet3 2.5(1.8-4.6) anti-tpo <10 (o-45) tsi 108 (125 or less) a nodular goiter have constant heart palpitations headache hairloss stomach problems i hope this will help more thank you so much

Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
mkgbrook
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Ranges to go with the FT results would be helpful. Also could you give a list of symptoms you are experiencing. You have almost proof positive graves anti-body levels (TSI). Your TPOAB are not a positive confirmation of Hashimoto's, but that doesn't necessarily mean you do not have Hashimoto's as well.

i wish I could have been of more help.
MG

You beat my post in.. adding info!
free t4 1.7(0.8-2.00) You are 75% of normal range here. This falls in the optimal 60-80% range for child bearing capable females. It is pushing the upper limit though.

free t3 2.5(1.8-4.6) You are 25% of the normal range here. Huh. This is not normal and out of balance with your FT4 levels. You need to have your T4 conversion checked with a T3 uptake AND Reverse T3 blood test. You also need to get tested for hyperadrenalism.. this is doen with 8 am blood fasting serum ACTH, cortisol, and aldosterone levels.

In addition you should have your vit D, B12, DHEA, and ferritin levels checked. Being low in a combination or just ferritin can also cause your symptoms. Good luck and I wish you the best of care.
MG

Last edited by mkgbrook; 09-25-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Meep
Senior Veteran
(male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User

MKG is on target with her advice.

Since you have a nodular goiter, it is unquestionable that you have a thyroid problem, and the fact that your T3 is low relative to your T4 certainly tells us something is going on.

A few theoretical possibilities that I can think of:

1. With your TSI antibodies slightly elevated, but just below the lab range, you are just shy of a Graves diagnosis. While below the lab range to make a definitive diagnosis, there may well be enough to aggravate your thyroid gland into overproducing a little. In response, your "subclinical hyperthyroidism" your body is already protecting you by converting a good deal of your T3 to the inactive reverse T3. I believe that is what MKG may have been alluding to.

2. Ignoring the TSI lab or at least assuming that the antibody count is low enough that there is no effect on your heath, It is possible that you are not converting T4 to T3 well. One possible reason for this (and possible reason for your nodular goiter) could be a lack of Selenium. Selenium is VITAL for the proper conversion of T4 to T3, as well as the production of T4 and what little T3 is made in the thyroid gland. If this is what is going on, then supplementing with Selenium might well be helpful in getting you on track.

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Old 09-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
mkgbrook
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Subclinical hypethyroidism is a possibility. There is also a possiblility of hot nodules. Studies have shown that while they set the limit for positive Graves at 125 or greater for the TSI test, remission and removal of anti-thyroid dosed patients before TSI antibodies drop below 25 show a re-emergence of hyperthyroid symptoms.

TSI is tricky and you also have its companion TRAb. If you haven't been tested for those and TGAb you should just complete the thyroid antibody out. It is possible to have Graves or Hashimoto's as a result of just one active antibody class. However in many cases both are active. Your TRAb levels may be high enough to classify you as Graves.

All in all I think you should get the blood work and the ENT may be able to do a needle biopsy and order an uptake scan given your antibody presence. Just making sure your multivitamin has selenium in it never hurts.

MG

Old 09-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
blume
(female)

blume HB User

thank you so much mg you have been a great help i had an ultra sound done and waiting for my results

Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #8
blume
(female)

blume HB User

thank you meep for your help

Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #9
blume
(female)

blume HB User

thank you meep for your help