It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Possible hypo or Im going crazy

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Chris26MI
(male)

Chris26MI HB User
Question Possible hypo or Im going crazy

First off I want to say I have very strong familial disposition to hypo-thyroidism. Im the youngest of 4 siblings. 2 of my siblings have had thyroid cancer requiring chemotherapy and radiation. My Father and Mother both are hypo and have been on replacement therapy for as long as I've been alive (Im 28 and male). My Brother and I are the only ones without thyroid problems.

I am generally healthy. 6' tall and around 180lbs. My Doctor has been apprised of this family situation and ordered an ultrasound annually of my thyroid, but Ive never gotten one (I know, I know). Im your typical guy, "invincible" lol.

Lately Ive been having sore bones/joints. My neck in the front, feels a little tender. I figured I was drinking too much Diet Soda, so I cut back and replaced it with water. No change. Now in the past few days my neck has been hurting where it meets my back, in my shoulder area, and my back hurts in general. I noticed that in the past 6 mo's or so I tire easily and have brain fog, have trouble finding words and easily confused. Lately Ive become slightly disoriented. 2 nights ago I woke up and was wondering if my house was carbureted or fuel injected. LOL. It took me a half an hour or so to convince myself that theres no such thing (err I suppose if you live in a motor home, it might be but I live in stationary home with a basement) lol.

Ive made an appt with my family dr tomorrow, of which Im sure I will receive a well deserved lecture. I should've been testing my thyroid and getting the ultrasound every year like he ordered 10 years ago.
So did it finally happen? Did the 'ol thyroid give out? Ive google the symptoms and although I have "some" of the symptoms, I never like to "give in" and admit I have a problem with my otherwise invincible personality, lol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
mkgbrook
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Possible hypo or Im going crazy

Get your Ft3, Ft4, TPOAb and TGAb tested. Also get your thyroid ultrasound. It does sound like early onset of Hashimoto's or the early stages of Hashimoto's. My mom is one of 4 out of 5 sisters with a thyroid issue. I am her only daughter.. my mom never educated me.. I found out during pregnancy.. now I have my son age 5 tested yearly. You will live.. just make sure your MD manages your care optimally. Welcome to our thyroid dysfunctional family. i hope that we will be of help to you.

MG

Closed Thread