It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
Re: Allergic reaction and Hashi's

I am not sure about in Austraila.......we have Whole Foods or Wild Oats stores here that carry organic and natural foods......Many Health food stores carry it.......

I live in very rural area and have to travel 1 1/2 hours to large city that carries it.

I am drinking vanilla rice milk right now which is very good...... Oleander

Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User

I have been using rice milk for the last few months. I've known for years that I'm lactose intolerant. So I've been drinking Lactaid. Stomach would get really, really bloated, like a basketball in there. A few months ago I gave up Lactaid and got rice and almond milk. Both good, I just stuck with the rice milk(we're rice farmers, so supporting our products!). My stomach is not nearly as bloated as the Lactaid era, but I don't too much watch every ingredient. My stomach was bloating on Synthroid, and saw one of its ingredients was lactose, so that may explain the problem with Synthroid and my extra stomach bloating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

(((((((Sue )))))))))) I just checked my Thyrolar and it has LACTOSE in it.

Very interesting Sue..........there is Lactose in Benadryl capsules also.....So I immediately went off of them. Lactose is used in many medications..

I see the Thyrolar 2 I am on has Lactose in it.........Cytomel does not but Thyrolar does.......: ( What am I going to do? GO back to Armour. YIKES

I am going to call my Endo right now..................also contact Forrest Labs and talk to them......

More to come.......................

Thank YOU !!!! Judy

Old 10-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Just talked to my Endo....thank God he let's me text message him.

He said.............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Looks like he is putting me back on Armour now with the Cytomel.

Forest Pharmacueticals says YES it has Lactose in it and Armour does not....so they say it is your Doctor's call if you have a dairy or milk allergy.

I wonder how many people know Synthroid and Thyrolar have Lactose in it?

Thanks Sue !!!! Oleander

Old 10-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User

I switched from Synthroid to Unithroid, and the "basketball" thingy in the stomach went away. I looked up Unithroid, and it did not have lactose in its ingredients. Good luck, and maybe in the long run, finding the right med will help some of your weird allergy symptoms go to rest forever!

Maybe you could get a compounded T4/T3 combo without the lactose fillers????

Last edited by sue1234; 10-06-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User

I have a lactose intolerance & used lactaid for years until my stomach just wouldn't tolerate it any longer. Accidently, I noticed that Nestle's quick chocolate powder seemed to relieve the bloated etc somewhat when I drank milk. So now I just have a cup of hot chocolate & can tolerate 2 cups of milk a day.

BTW I have my diuretic (HCTZ) compounded or make up with cornstarch by a compound pharmacist. He used cornstarch as a filler & then puts it in a capsule which I dump out into my pumpkin pudding. Wish all my meds were that easy to take. I have difficult swallowing so my meds have to be liquid or have the ability to disolve in water. Fam

Closed Thread